Default feedback on costco's swingset this year?

We're considering buying the rainbow swingset from costco, but I know it is different from last year's model. Does anyone have it and can say whether they love it or have complaints??? Do you like the tire swing? The acrobat--hang upside down thingie??? I've heard great things about Costco's swingsets, but nothing about this year's model. TIA!

Nemesia Guest

Default RE: feedback on costco's swingset this year?

Sorry - I don't have any feedback on the Costco swingset.

I am wondering how much it is this year. Do you know the price?

Thanks!

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have it and the kids love it. I think it's $1299 this year. My kids love the tire swing. They could spend forever on it. It's a real pain for any adult to push them on it though, because you have to squat down under the fort to do it. I'll be glad when they're old enough to push it on their own. They love the swings, slide, and rockwall. The rope ladder is DS's favorite thing. My kids aren't really old enough for the trapeze or monkey bars yet, so I can't report on those. That's one of the things that I like though- that they're going to grow into it. The only real flaw is that the chalkboard is the completely useless. Chalk won't write on it. I painted over it with *real* chalk board paint to get it to work. (And DS still doesn't use it!)

It did take 2 full days for my dad and DH to assemble it. We planned for it, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but not all swing sets take as long to put together. The assembly wasn't difficult, just tedious at times.

Thanks! And is there room enough in the fort for a couple of kids to play/hang out? Are there lots of openings to worry about up there? I have a 3 year old DS and 18 month old DD. And how many swings are on it-just two??? Also, the guy at the Rainbow showroom said the swings on the Costco model are closer together so kids might bump into each other--is this true?

I found a handyman who can install it for $150 (though I'm worried he is underestimating the labor involved....).For the previous poster, the cost in the store is $1299.

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids are close to the same age as yours. There's plenty of room in the fort for 2 kids, but it is pretty open. I don't trust my younger DD up in the fort alone. It's pretty high up. I also don't let her up the ladder on her own. DS does just fine in the fort.
    There is room for 3 swings on the swingbeam. It comes with 3 swings and a toddler swing. The swings *are* close enough together that they easily bump into each other. I haven't found that to be a problem though. Since I only have two kids, I just have them both swing on the outside swings. (I'm actually thinking of replacing the middle swing with a teeter totter.) Have you seen the swingset on the costco webpage?
    [http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=&browse=&s=1]

Also, I stumbled across this page that has the manual online. It was helpful in thinking about some of the details.
    [http://www.sunraypremiumplaygrounds.com/]

Hmmmm....So I'm wondering if I'm better off getting a Rainbow Clubhouse, specifically the Cottage one, which is more money, about $3000, but is totally closed off on top.......I do't know if it's worth the extra money though. Soon enough DD will be DS' age and maybe able to handlethe open spaces. ....Anyone else have an opinion???/

dules Guest

I'm interested in this too, so bumping. :)

Best,
    Mary

annasmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Anyone else have any feedback???
    Eileen

DD - 6 y.o.
    DS - 4 y.o.
    DS - 2 y.o.
    DD - 8 months

Jennymarie Guest

I friend of ours just got one of these. We used it for a playgroup the other day. Kids were 2-4 yrs old and it seemed like they really enjoyed it.

The swings *are* really close together though. I don't know if the Cedarworks or regular Rainbow models are like this. There were two kids on the swing already (one was a 4 yr old who was swinging pretty high) and my son wanted to swing in the middle swing. There were a few near misses as he was getting on and off. If there were three kids swinging high simultaneously, any slight twisting and they'd crash. The whole setup kind of stressed me out.

That's really my only complaint about it though. Its pretty impressive for the price.