Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    mmdybner Guest

Default RE: Rainbow v. Cedarworks Playsets

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this thread, but I'm sharing the same obsession, and I have a few thoughts/questions of my own.

On the Costco Sunray, the customer service people at my Costco told me that they aren't carrying it anymore, but I have seen it at Costco.com for $400 more than they were at the store. I spoke to someone who does maintenance (sand and seal) for Rainbow and he says that the boards they use for the Sunray are 3/4" thick rather than the 2 x 4's they use for the full-size sets. It's a consideration, but the price differential may justify it. Also, the weight limits for the Sunray are lower than for the full-size Rainbows.

As many have opined, if money were no issue, I would go with a Cedarworks. I have designed my "ideal" playset, though, and it comes in at over $7000. UGGGGHHH! So, basically, the question is whether to go for something smaller and still expensive at CW or try to get a Play-A-Round from CW or Sunray from Costco.

Also, does anyone have any experience with carpenter bees and whether they like northern white cedar more or less than redwood, pine, etc?

Mariela

DD 10/99
    DD 6/01
    Expecting #3 in late Oct./early Nov.

dules Guest

Default RE: Rainbow v. Cedarworks Playsets

RE the bees, I would call Rainbow and Cedarworks and have them address this. Also (a fun question) ask each of them why you should buy their set, and see what they say.

My ideal Cedarworks set came in at around 7,000 but we got a very cool one that my DD can use now and grow into for half that. So it is possible to get a good Cedarworks set within a mid-low end Rainbow budget.

Good luck!

Best,
    Mary

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4