Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    omgrown Guest

Default Wow! Great info, thanks!

I was on the fence about getting an Expedit for our living/dining area because I wasn't sure if the cubbies would be big enough, but I think I'm going to go for it for smaller items and just put bigger things in the kids' room. Thanks everyone for so much great info and specs on the unit! Hopefully we'll have a chance to get out to Ikea soon and I'll post pics after everything is set up and looks nice (which could take a year, but I'll try!)

Default Alternatives to Expedit and photos

Here's a link with alternatives to the Expedit shelves and photos of various bins, including a spraypainted one.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...id=67395&page=
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Default Alternatives to Expedit and photos

Here's a link with alternatives to the Expedit shelves and photos of various bins, including a spraypainted one.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...id=67395&page=
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Default RE: Wow! Great info, thanks!

I just bought the Expedit system and already fell in love with it. I didn't even put all the toys in yet, but it seems to be a great solution. I bought these baskets from Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...umber=40085634

Although they don't fit exactly and are a bit smaller, I find they work very well. I filled one up with blocks, quite a lot of it and LOVE it. I like the idea that they don't take up the whole shelf, so the child can peek into it and see what's there. It looks very cute. I can take a picture once it's set up if any of you are interested.

But I see that it's not available online and I only found the blue in my Ikea. I'd LOVE to get the yellows as well, as that's my son's colors in his room. I'll have to try a different Ikea.

I just bought the Expedit system and already fell in love with it. I didn't even put all the toys in yet, but it seems to be a great solution. I bought these baskets from Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...umber=40085634

Although they don't fit exactly and are a bit smaller, I find they work very well. I filled one up with blocks, quite a lot of it and LOVE it. I like the idea that they don't take up the whole shelf, so the child can peek into it and see what's there. It looks very cute. I can take a picture once it's set up if any of you are interested.

But I see that it's not available online and I only found the blue in my Ikea. I'd LOVE to get the yellows as well, as that's my son's colors in his room. I'll have to try a different Ikea.

Crunchymom Guest

I also just bought a set of Expedit shelves after seeing all the pictures here. I got the small one with 8 cubbies total since I wanted to lay it on it's side so I could put all his big toys on top. I have it all set up in his room so I'll take a picture and post it soon. I love it and would love to get another one to put up vertically. It's a great toy storage solution!

Default RE: Anyone use IKEA Expedit shelves to store toys?

Just wanted to let people know that I got a very similar shelf system at Big Lots a couple weeks ago. It has eight cubbies (2x4) and also has casters on the bottom. It is a dark espresso color. We actually bought two sets of them (including the floor model) for our new playroom, but since we haven't moved yet, I can't take a picture of the whole setup. The cubbies are actually taller and wider than the Expedit, but not quite as deep. I purchased a few of the Sterlite containers that were posted in another thread and they are great. The floor model is set up in DDs room right now (I'll take a pic once she is awake).
    Just thought this might be another option for people without access to an Ikea. By the way, it was $50 for each shelf.

Erin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5