Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perfect lovey?

Default Perfect lovey?

Our paperwork for adoption #2 finally went to China. Now I have about 16 months (best guess) to obsess over things for the new little one (who will likely about age one when s/he comes home.

So, what do you think is the perfect lovey? DS has a PBK stuffed lamb which he loves. But, it is off-white (or was). Of course, it is not machine washable. And naturally DS has dustmite allergies so I have to hand-wash, sun-dry and then freeze the darn thing. (Thank goodness we were at least smart enough to buy two.)

So, I think the perfect lovey would be:
    (1) color that wears beter than off-white,
    (2) machine washable on hot,
    (3) small enough to transport easily, and
    (4) cheap enough to buy at least three.

What fits the bill? I think I've seen posts on taggie blankets or pillows?

Thanks!

Default RE: Perfect lovey?

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! May the rest of the process be speedy and fun.

This is DDs best best best best animal friend: http://www.playfulplushtoys.com/plush-toys-MFPP.html

We had three, lost one, now have two. We wash them all the time. No beads inside. Was pink, now it's sort of a grayish pink. ;) She brings it everywhere and I prefer it as a lovey over her blankets, which she is more prone to drag on the ground.
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

Congratulations!!!!!!! That is so exciting to hear. We adopted our daughter from China just over a year ago. She has been the light of our life.

I just wanted to let you know that depending on the orphanage, you may actually be able to send a package to your daughter at the orphanage after you get your referral. We were able to, and one of the things that we included was a very small and extremely soft pink blanket that we got at target. Since it was inexpensive, we bought a second one for her in case the orphanage kept the first blanket so she would have something that was familiar. We did get the first blanket back from the orphanage. The best thing that we got back were pictures that they took of her in the orphanage using a disposable camera.

We adopted our daughter at 10.5 months and at that time she was not the type of child that attached to an object so the blanket wasn't too big of an issue for her. Now she has a stuffed panda that she hardly lets of of her sight.

Let me know if you have any questions about the adoption process,etc. Good luck with the wait. Our wait was about 7 months, and I heard it had gone up substantially.

Julie
    Lauren DD (10/7/04)

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congratulations.

I think we have the perfect lovey. I can't find any pictures of one right now but it's similar to this

http://item.express.ebay.com/Baby_Nu...mdZExpressItem

We have 3 different ones in rotation. One of them has been her "School" bear for over 2 years and it gets washed on hot every weekend. Its still holding up fabulously. I love these blanket lovies with the head because they give something to snuggle up to and hold onto without being bulky. They fit in a coat pocket.

You can find them at Target and Kohls or lots of other stores.

ETA: The ones at Target are only about $8.

holliam Guest

Congratulations!! So exciting for you! I can't believe the wait is that long now for China! Eep!

I am no help with the lovey. I seem to have the only 2-year-old on the planet who has never been interested in one.

Holli

jwozy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Congratulations on the adoption of your daughter. My kids have a thumbie lovey from PBK that has worked great. It has the head of an animal, we have the rabbit and the frog, attached to a very soft blanket. Both of my kids are very attached to their lovey for sleeping and probably would carry it around all day if I let them. As they are pink and green they don't show too much dirt but each of them has 3 thumbies that are rotated. I have washed them in warm and hot water and put them in the dryer and after 2 years they are still holding up well.

Lmoor is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

This fits your requirements, and my DD could not live without her ducky and puppy. Very soft, durable and fits great in luggage and diaper bags for travel.

http://www.kookoobearkids.com/prodin...umber=00050015

I've also seen them sold at a couple of Nordstrom's across the country.

Congrats to you!

We have this one, by North American Bear:
    http://store.offmypaintedrocker.com/na8217.html

Someone gave it to us as a gift and then when I saw it in the store, I bought another one for backup!
    Jessica

duvie is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

We have FIVE of the lion lovies that PP ("lmoor") mentioned (I think that they are made by Angel Dear). They are wonderfully soft and small and I put them in the washer every few days.

FWIW for the future: DS chews on the little nubs and the blanket gets a bit stinky... a poster suggested soaking the chewed on part in vinegar before washing, or throwing some vinegar in with the soap. It takes the smell away (and doesn't smell vinegary).

Oh, we have one of those, too! Yes, I was going to list that one as well but couldn't remember who made it.
    Jessica

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast