Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: snugtuck pillow

neeter is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default snugtuck pillow

Hi all - for those who have the snugtuck, is it okay for occasional use? Or would it be a pain to reattach all the time? I'm looking for a bed rail for when we cosleep. Sometimes one parent will take a nap with DS, and not both, and I wanted a rail in place for that instance.

Thanks!

Java is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: snugtuck pillow

I don't think it's a pain, but it's not a simple snap to attach either. I use it for DS's twin so it's pretty easy to lift the mattress and get it on pretty tight. If you're attaching it to a queen or king, it'd take longer. Then you have to decide over or under the sheets. For DS it's half under and half over so I have to make the bed, pull back the sheets then put the pillow on.

Hmm...I find it fairly easy to attach to DS's bed because I can just pick up the mattress to put the strap in place; It's just a twin size bed. However, I think it would drive me batty to have to do it every day. I'd probably leave it on the bed and slide it right to the edge or just off the edge. It really wouldn't take up that much room on the bed. My DS will sometimes pull his off during the day but it will stay attached, just sort of hanging to the side of the bed....I think it might be the way his bed is that allows that, though.

Thanks -- so there's a piece that slides in between the mattress and the bedsprings, right? If so, then I would probably need to leave the strap underneath and then just have the pillow hanging out, unattached and on the floor?

Hmmm... I don't know if a bedrail is any easier, though!

Thanks, this is really helpful...

kboyle Guest

i've been looking at getting a snugtuck for the boys' bunk beds especially since max is getting ready to make the move sometime around xmas.

is the reg size really big/tall enough to keep a child in? is it easy to use?

Yep, there's a long, stretchy strap that goes under the mattress and then goes through a buckle type thing at the foot of the bed. If my son drags the pillow off the bed, the strap comes out (usually just the part that goes under the top part of the mattress) and I just pick up the corner of the mattress to get it back under. I don't completely undo the strap unless it's absolutely necessary. Sorry, I know I'm not explaining it great.

I will add that I was somewhat hesitant to purchase due to price, but I'm so glad we've got this thing! My son hasn't fallen out of bed once w/it and I think it makes the bed a bit cosier for him.

Thanks - this helps a ton! I also corresponded with the owner, and she said with the double release buckle, apparently I can leave the strap in place, but unattach the pillow. This is ideal, because I really don't want this long pillow hanging around on the floor (since we won't need it all the time).

I also am really really hesitating due to the price -- esp since we need the king size. Eeeks. But its good to know it was worth it. Is the 6" tall sufficient for a toddler, or should I get the taller version? Thanks!!!

Dang! Wish I had known about the double release buckle!

We went w/the standard 6" and it's been fine. Big enough to stop him from rolling out, but the right size to climb over.

We did go w/the optional longer strap for the fuller mattresses, and I don't think it was necessary. No matter how hard you pull that strap, the pillow is never going to be super tight to the bed (I think that's a safety feature) and we've got a lot of excess strap at the bottom. The strap is made of a stretchy material... I'd be happy to measure the mattress and excess strap tomorrow, if you'd like.

For my wallet, it's pricey, but it's probably one of my top toddler buys.

Yes, I think the reg. size is big enough. (see my post above.)

It's easy to use: just put the pillow on top of bed, lift mattress to run strap underneath, and then run strap through buckle at foot of bed. You just need to decide if the pillow will be underneath all sheets, on top, etc. I've found it easiest to make the bed with both sheets, attach the pillow and then put on the comforter. I then pull out the top of the flat (top) sheet when DS gets in bed. When I make the bed, I'm not uber picky and the flat sheet just ends up half over and half under the pillow. Since the comforter goes over the pillow, there is a big bulge at the side but I'm ok w/that. If you want a perfectly made bed look, you'd have to remove the pillow.

My DS's bed is wood, with wood slats running across as supports. So, we had the option of using a boxspring. Even w/out, his bed is high. Anyhow, I mention this because this style of bed is gaining in popularity and all of the bedrails I saw had to be used w/a box spring. The snugtuck pillow can be used safely w/out a boxspring.

Thanks again - You've been so helpful!! You should get a commission! I really appreciate your response - especially about the fuller mattress and the 6". I'm glad its one of your top toddler buys!!

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast