Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Indoor climbing structure help needed

I'm interested in hearing from BTDT moms/dads who have indoor climbing structures (or have moved the outdoor structure inside for the winter). With the cold weather right around the corner I'm looking at getting something to put in the rec room for DD to climb on and get some exercise on. We were at a playdate yesterday and she loved the little Step 2 climber that was there (it had 2 steps up, a little platform and then a teeny slide). Does anyone have one they love/hate? I want somehting that will last an dthat will grow with her a bit, but not something that costs a fortune. TIA!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Indoor climbing structure help needed

Step 2 Kangaroo Climber. Easily portable, perfect size inside and out for toddlers. I am trying to figure out where to put mine when the weather turns. It was in the living room for about 10 days during a hot spell, but Nov-Apr is too long to have it there. :-)
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

jess_g is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well we are looking for a slide or climber for my son too. I am in love with these two (but they are both over $300):

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35754.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35755.jpg

We may end up getting the first one for my 2 boys but I don't know (maybe as a Christmas present?).

There are some realy great ones online if you search for them.

Jessica.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just got a little tikes hide 'n slide climber today. I got it on ebay brand new from a dealer for $140 shipped. Still a little spendy for plastic, but I was sick of scouring craigslist and ebay for one in my area (not happening) and I am not a garage saler, so we bit the bullet. So far DD's been on it once and it seems great. Bigger than the kangaroo climber (height-wise) but still small enough to bring inside. It's still 90 here, but we will be bringing it inside at some point when it is too cold outside I'm sure.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

I asked a similar question a little while ago and most people answered the Step 2 Kangaroo Climber. We bought one off of Craigslist a few weeks ago and DS loves it so far. We got it to replace a treadmill that he also loved and so far so good!

We found one that had only been used inside and was the older rainbow colors which fits perfectly in the "decor" of our playroom. It's fairly small and works really well. Sounds similar to what you saw. We bought it for $50 and I think brand new the best I saw was around $120. I think DS will be able to use it for a little while anyway. And any future kiddos too.

Debbie
    http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png