kelly ann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Where can I return without a receipt?

DS has already received a couple of early birthday gifts that are duplicates or he is too old for. I know TRU and Target are out of the question. I am sure the gifts were bought at one of the larger stores...one is a fisher price trike. Maybe my best bet is to just regift or leave it at the grandparents house for the kids to play with.

Default RE: Where can I return without a receipt?

Try WalMart. They take everything...

All the large chain stores - Target, Wal-mart, K-mart, Toys R Us - require a receipt these days. It has become so frustrating. Our local Target and Toys R Us automatically give gift receipts, which I think is a good idea. However, getting people to include the gift receipt is another issue.

Back on subject, I store such gifts & then donate them at the Christmas time toy drives (e.g., Salvation Army Angel Tree, Toys for Tots).

lhk777 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Did you try Costco?

If you bring it to their Customer Service desk they can scan it to see if the item comes up in their system. If so, I think you can return it for cash back.

-Linda

Twin Mom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've recently returned stuff at Walmart without a receipt.

I'm in the same boat. My twins b-day party was last weekend and except for a few close friends, noone gave gift receipts. It is soooo annoying especially since Walmart has the cheapest prices so you probably aren't even getting back what the person paid.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

kelly ann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I guess I could try Wal-Mart. I haven't been in a Wal-mart in years (I am a Target gal), but maybe it is worth a try. I do like the idea of donation if it doesn't work out. Maybe even our preschool could use the trike.

Thanks for the ideas.