tribecamom Guest

Default does anyone have a stable and horses?

does your DD or DS play with it enough to make it worth it? I am loving the "Lucky Horseshoe Stable" on Hearthsong but wondering if it will be too single purpose to get a lot of use

dules Guest

Default RE: does anyone have a stable and horses?

Where have you BEEN, friend? :)

We don't have one, but I have my 100 + (no, not a typo) collection of Breyer horses in boxes in my basement. Waiting to see if DD is a horsey type and in the meantime offering the pick of them to the horsey DC that live in the neighborhood, lol. (I figure DD will never miss a few and I'll be glad not to have 100, when/if she decides she wants them. I don't know HOW my parents put up with it).

So, I don't find it a single purpose toy, but I guess I am biased. LOL.

Mary

tribecamom Guest

hmmm
    okay

LOL
    :)

I am at a loss for what to get them, so maybe I will try it

My son has been a fan of horses since before he was two yrs old. For over a year, horses were his #1 toy. He's grown into other toys but still regularly plays with his horses. We have a variety of sizes and he got his wooden barn when he was 2. We got his barn at Target. They've stocked them for the past two holiday seasons, so you may want to check there as well.

ETA: Here is the barn we have:

http://www.breyerhorses.com/products...t.php?item=277

It wasn't a Breyer, but it's exactly the same for $50-60.

My DD isn't there yet, but as a kid my sisters and I had horses and a stable and loooooooved it. Played with it all the time - even though we had real horses too. :) We were probably in the 3-8 year range at the time. HTH!

Allison
    Mama to DD 11/05

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am dumb. I thought you were asking if any of us owned a horse farm or something :P To which I was thinking, um no, I still need to find the money for my own jet. ;)
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

You can get a stable, doll, and horses at Creative Brains for 40% 0ff. I really like the quality of the Only Hearts Club.

Tuesday Morning has Breyer, and so does Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross...I like that brand too.

http://tinyurl.com/yl4qft
    http://tinyurl.com/z9jl4

Rebekah