Default Wooden TOY guitar

J makes EVERYTHING a guitar right now (backpack, broom, purse), and I don't want to break his imagination. I want a toy that does not have strings that really play. I want him to sing and play, but don't want something that will break fast. Does this dream toy to me exist? I wish my Grandpa was alive and could make one.

I want a faux guitar that is durable and does not make music.

Default RE: Wooden TOY guitar

Bump : )

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure that there is one. Why, out of curiosity, would you want one without strings?
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

My dream would be with strings (like rope), but not real ones. I want his imagination to make the music. Maybe I am crazy. I have it in my head, but can't find it anywhere. Call me crazy!

writermama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you're crazy, then I am, too. I want a toy guitar just as you describe. DD runs around the house now playing the spatula from her toy kitchen or the wrench from her toolbench. I'd love ti give her something the right size and shape to hold. If it were a real guitar, though, the music her fingers could make now wouldn't match the wonderful songs she plays in her imagination.

I want her to learn an instrument one day, but I also want her to enjoy pretending with an instrument now.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We all obsess over funny little odd things, I think that is why we are here. :) I would consider getting a small inexpensive electric guitar without the amp. The strings do make some noise but not much. But one thing to think about is that he may love the music he makes even if it doesn't sound as good to our ears.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Yeah, I'm not crazy alone.

Spatulas make great guitars! J makes his backpack a guitar, and rounded up the other 3 year olds in the class to do the same one day at school. The teacher had tears in her eyes telling me about it. What a riot!