fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Please! i need some 11-year-old GIRL gift suggestions ~

Do any of you have some ideas for a general gift, like $20? DH is going to visit and stay with his buddy who has an 11YO girl. we hardly ever see her (i think the last time was 3 years ago) and DH doesn't really know what she likes. he thought his buddy said nature or science-- who knows?! i don't even really know if she is girly. I'm hopeing you guys can help me out because i am coming up totally empty on this one! i'd like to pick something up at a B&M store tomorrow or friday so DH can take it when he leaves on Sat morning, so nothing that has to be ordered. Thanks SO MUCH for any suggestions!!

Anne + DD 10-03

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Please! i need some 11-year-old GIRL gift suggestions ~

My niece is a little older than that. By 11yo she liked getting money. :) A gift card to a book store or Best Buy would probably go over well too. Clothes were pretty successful at that age- Old Navy, Gap, Limited Too are good choices. You could also get cute room decorating stuff from Pier One (Limited Too and Old Navy have some fun knick knacks too). A fuzzy, comfy pillow or blanket from Bed, Bath and beyond would probably go over well (I went dorm shopping with my SIL there and we found a line of really soft throw blankets that I think a lot of people would like).

Ooh, I would go to Bath and Body Works (or similair) for bath products. Even if she isn't very girly she probably would still like bubble bath.

Final idea would be a game like Apples to Apples, Cranium, or other board game.

Don't forget gift reciepts!

Beth

These are gifts listed for an 11 year old -- you can search by age ...

http://www.grandrivertoys.com/Pages/..._Years_Old.htm

dules Guest

I second the idea of a gift card. Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, etc. so she can choose something she'd like.

Good luck.

Mary

vikivoly Guest

I have 11 year old nieces who are into Littlest Pet Shop pets. Another neat gift would be a scrapbooking kit. CD's and DVD's are another big hit. Most 11 year old girls are pretty tacky, so anything sparkly or furry are big hits. LOL

kboyle Guest

i agree, gift cards ALWAYS work. my neice is 8 and since last year that's what we've been giving her for xmas/bday.

target
    bookstore
    movie theater tickets
    dvds

if you can get a shoe size out of dh's buddy crocs were a really big hit when we gave them to neice for her bday, depending on where she lives, if it's cold i'd choose something else, they are $25 though.

stick to gift cards :)

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default THANKS!

thanks, everyone. i am soooooooo slipping because gift cards never even occured to me on this. i feel so dumb! i've been getting gift cards for my godson for a while now and he just turned 10. anyway, thanks for the ideas, and suggestions on where for the gift cards.

also on the suggestions on other real gifts. i may get a little something to go with the gift card.

thanks again!

Anne

edited for spelling.

deannanb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with the gift cards.
    DS turned 11 this year and got gift cards.

If you want a little something you could pick up some glittery something from Bath and Body Works.
    Deanna
    my three sons
    8/95, 10/04 and 6/08