Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Baby Monitor for more than 1 child???

I did the same in our old house. I put the monitor in the hallway between their 2 rooms because I couldn't for the life of me get a combination of monitors that wouldn't interefere with each other or my cordless phones. In this house, I have the monitor in the "jack and jill" bath between their rooms and we hear them perfectly fine.

Erika
    Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

amck is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

This issue is so frustrating to me. Is there a way to ask the Fields' to address this in their next book? It seems like Fisher Price or someone would catch on to this problem that almost every family with more than 1 child encounters. As I said in a previous post, I've tried putting both my FP monitors on the same channel, but the end up "competing" so that I can hear neither child well. My IDEAL, would be to have one monitor in each child's room but be able to hear both monitors on the same channel on the same receiver.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have the Safety 1st Home Connection monitor. It has three transmitters and two receivers. The reception has been great, but I must warn you that the quality is about what you would expect from Safety 1st. The first one we had we returned after about two months because the volume control stopped working. It was within the 90 days, so I just exchanged it at BRU. This one has lasted over a year. My sister also has it and one of her receivers is now doing the same thing after about 18 months of use. However, she is hard on things so I'm sure it has been dropped more than once. :-)

Bottom line - it is a great concept and when it works, works well. Save your receipt and packaging in case you have problems if you get it.

We also have used the FP Lights and Sounds along with an older Graco Ultra Clear that we use simultaneously at my Mom's house. If you want to use your current monitor, I would go buy one of a different brand and see if you can get them to work together. You may have to play with the channel settings to get a combination that works, but it is possible. It would require two recievers, though.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My neighbors have this one as well. It was kind of pricey, but they use it pretty much continuously (their younger child is almost 4 months), and they don't have any problems.

Here's a link to the Home Connection: http://tinyurl.com/ye3fta
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

amck is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

this is exactly what i am looking for. THANK YOU!!! and i thank you for the advice on saving my receipt!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2