hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default If not Lincoln Logs, how about Tinker Toys?

Now that I think about it, I think it was actually Tinker Toys - a junior set to be exact - that I saw and thought my DS would like. If he isn't really into the Lincoln Logs yet, would Tinker Toys be a bust too? He really enjoys putting things together, and is really pretty good at it for his age, I think. He's 2. TIA! :)

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: If not Lincoln Logs, how about Tinker Toys?

I'm getting a big set (Costco) for my ds who is almost 3 for Christmas. I think they'll be a huge hit; he loves constructing things. I'd say go for it.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think Tinker Toys would be better. I almost suggested them earlier. Are you or your partner into building? Because you will probably wind up being the builders of the cool stuff but a 2yo can do some stuff. Same with the Lincoln Logs though- better for 3+ (age rec. on box). But, between LL and TT I would think a 2yo would be more able to build something enjoyable on their own with TT.

Beth

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The only thing with the tinker toys is that you (the adult) may need to play with them first to loosen them up. When we first gave them to DD, they were too tight for her to use herself. After I "worked" with them a bit, she is now able to play with them just fine. She has a good time with them.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08