Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Age: 3-5 years

My DS is 3 years 1 month.

He likes:

Thomas Trains

Animal Planet plastic animals

Fisher Price LP animals

Large plastic animals from the Dollar Store

The cheapest plastic dinosaurs ever

Matchbox Cars

Anything that trains, animals and cars can be put into (boxes, buckets, jars, etc.)

Duplos

Magnets

Stickers

Fingerpaint

Playdough

Clay

Chalk

Sand toys

I'm lucky--his favorite toys EVER are completely free from the backyard including rocks, sticks, leaves, dirt, real bugs, puddles, flowers, etc.

Buzz Lightyear and Woody

The McDonald's HappyMeal "Cars" toys (he got from his Aunt)

Puzzles

Fun thread!

Jen

denna is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Annual Favorite Toys by Age Thread! 2006

DS from 2mo until present LOVES his Gemini (sp?) play mat. It was by far our best investment(!)

At 4mo he *picked* out a toy frog by Lamaze and still loves this. We also have the toy dragonfly that he still loves.

He has had the clutch cube since (Lamaze) since about 3mo and plays w/ it occasionally.

DS loves play silks and crawling around on his puzzlemats from www.greatmats.com.

*Also other toys that have been previously mentioned*
    Denna

Mama to THREE adorable kiddos

Mommy's KINDERGARTENER DS1 born Apr/2006 happily harnessed in his Frontier
    Mommy's belly baby DD born Jul/2009 content in her Boulevard
    Mommy's little hedgehog DS2 born May/2011; riding unhappily in his Chaperone

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Richard Scarry's book, animals, cars & trains

At 38 months, DS's favorite book is Richard Scarry's "Cars and Things that Go" (the one with Goldbug in it). He wants to read that every night, even after reading another book.

He loves animals (from Michael's), cars and trains.
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

Default RE: Age 13-24 months

I'm not sure if I should post in this part of the thread or the 0-12 month since DS turned 1 a week ago. Currently, his favoriteth toys are:
    blocks (foam baby Einstein & parents magazine, peek-a-blocks and now mega blocks),
    anything with wheels especially his fisher price peek-a-block train and Parents magazine cars,
    he got a bead maze from his grandpa that my nephew 18 months couldn't get enough of,
    and he and my neice fought over a big digger ride on.

When he gets bigger I think he'll really like the FP bouncy zebra thing (cannot for the life of me remember its real name). He's a little too short, but he kept trying to ride it at grandma's this weekend.

I'd love to see more suggestions in this category especially for boys.

Best wishes,

Christine W

Default RE: Age 13-24 months

My DD is 17 months old. She likes:

-Books! Can't get enough of them!

-Simple wooden puzzles with knobs on the pieces

-Anything to do with numbers, letters, or shapes (puzzles, blocks, shape sorters)

-Ride-on toys

-Bath toys (duckies, cups, bath books)

HTH, Sarah

egan284 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DD, 3yo

Scissors, paper, glue
    Easel, crayon, paints
    Books, and books, and books
    Piano
    Kitchen, Tea Set
    Puzzle

eta Scotch Tape

DS is almost 4.5

letter factory DVD
    Leap Frog word whammer
    unit blocks
    kitchen
    M&D lacing beads
    trains
    cars
    cooking sets from Target
    legos
    floor puzzles
    art supplies like crayons, markers, color pencils
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Default RE: Age: 2-3 years

DS who is 2 yrs 8 mo loves his Imaginarium Train table & set. He is a big truck & train guy. He also loves books on trucks and trains some favorite books:
    *Dumpy the Dumptruck by Julie Andrews Edwards (there are a whole series of them, I think we own 3 or 4, the only one DS hasn't loved is Dumpy and the Big Storm, these are books I don't mind reading him over and over)
    *Dot the Fire Dog - we took this out from the library and ds constantly wants to take it out so I've ordered it from Amazon
    *Richard Scarry - Busytown, Cars Trucks, What do People Do.
    *Duck in The Truck - There are a few good duck books by Jez Alborough
    Some others..Click, Clack Moo, Elmo books,

He loves Sticker books. The best ones are the "Sticker Activity" line which include ones such as "My Giant Sticker Activity Book", "My Big Book of Stickers". These have quality stickers. We took some of these on our last vacation where we couldn't bring a lot of toys and they were great. I got ours at Target but just noticed that Amazon has great prices on these.

Magnet books - He really uses his imagination with these. He has an airport one and gets really creative with it. We have a few from the Imaginetics line that are great. Choose a brand that has thicker magnets. I bought one book with thinner ones that were more like colorforms and they were too hard for my son to use. I also bought a Thomas imaginetics one that wasn't great because it only had a few pieces. I would suggest choosing sets that have a good number of pieces. Some of the pieces are things such as construction cones, etc. so they don't add much to creating a story. Also the Create a Scene line that has a construction set, fire station set are good as well.

He loves his ride on Home Depot Big Digger that I've seen at Toys R Us. He's on that every day (we keep it inside). He also enjoys pushing around his a giant yellow dump truck from Tonka.

Arts & Crafts stuff is also good..crayons, stickers, construction paper. He's now into watercolors. A great project for him is decorating boxes for mailing gifts (we had a big year for new baby & sibling gifts) or creating birthday cards using construction paper & stickers where I write some words in.

We don't have a play kitchen however he does like to pretend to be making pizza (another good book Pete's a Pizza) so this year I'll probably get him some kitchen gear & play food. Maybe next year he & his sister will get a kitchen.

Happy Shopping Everyone!

Default RE: Age: 2-3 years

I also forgot his toy cell phone from Parents magazine. He loves to "talk" on it to his friends. While we were on vacation he would "call" his friends each day and tell them what he had done. Some more good books Machines at Work and the other Byron Barton books.

Default RE: Age: 0-12 months

The toys I found most useful when Ds was this age were:

*The Whoozit - love this toy since it is soft and you don't have to worry about dc banging themselves and hurting themselves with it when they don't have great hand control. There is so much to interest them with all the colors, etc. Probably one of my favorite toys ever even though it is so simple.

*Different soft blocks with pictures & diff textures on each side

*The gymini - used this one all the time & now use it again with dd. It's great for tummy time and general playing. Absolutely love the "My First Wind Chimes" addt'l attachment that you can buy, someone on this board recommended it when I was looking for a kick toy without an electronic annoying noise, this one has a nice little jingle

*As they get older @8-9 mo the Leap Frog Learning Table. DS learned to stand right after getting this toy. It provided so much entertainment and I who doesn't love noisy electronic toys was not annoyed by the songs & noises.

Happy Holidays!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast