naomi01 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Little People Hannukah set - review please?

I have eyed this set for years, first for DS (now a little too old) now for my 2 year old daughter. Did anyone buy it? Did you like it? Is it ever available IRL? I am concerned it doesn't quite do as much as some of the other FP stuff but I like the idea of the Jewish theme.

Thanks,

Naomi
    DS 12/02/02
    DD 10/18/04

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Little People Hannukah set - review please?

I have never even seen this set! Sounds cool. Where is it available online?

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I bought it last year and gave it to my dd. She enjoyed playing with it although she was a bit young and not much into the Little People. After a couple of weeks I put it away and I'll give it to her again this year! She will probably enjoy putting the people at the table and having them eat... using the little fridge etc..

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
    Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

I have one. I think I bought it before DS was even born! A bit gung-ho on things, but I was afraid I might not see it again. I'm pretty sure I bought it online and no longer remember where though.

It's cute. It doesn't "do" a heck of a lot though. And my Dad actually had to fix ours last year because the sound wasn't really working correctly. Not sure if that was a common defect, or just because I didn't open it for awhile. We did bring it out last year, but DS was way too little for it, so this will be the first year he can actually play with it. I'm assuming the people will just end up everywhere!

The menorah plays two different songs and lights up ("Dreidel, dreidel" and...some other one that I'm not sure of!). That may be the only thing the batteries do.

The menorah is the only thing that plays, the fridge and oven do open up, and there are two presents that open up. Everything else is just a family member and a chair for them. Looks like Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, son, baby daughter, and dog. The table with dishes, food, etc., menorah, and back shelves are all one big pieces and then the chairs, people, and presents are separate.

I don't see a lot of Chanukah things and I think it's pretty cute. We don't have too many Little People sets yet (the garage and Noah's ark) and this one did come with a lot of people. I think it was about $30. I don't remember what the other things I bought cost, but I think I did get them on sale, so it was probably a bit less for those. I'd say it's about comparable to the Noah's ark though. Doesn't do as many things as the garage though.

HTH. Happy Holidays!

ETA link for those who are interested. This actually seems like a pretty good price too with free shipping! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

There are some reviews on Amazon too (out of stock there though) that give it five stars. Also could be for lack of Chanukah stuff though! http://www.amazon.com/Little-People-.../dp/B000219XTQ

Debbie
    http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

naomi01 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

By "do" I more meant things the kids could do with the figurines, eg the farm where the farmer can be kicked out of bed, than electronical sounds etc. Sounds promising, might have to have a word with the Bubbe. :-)

Thanks for the detailed review!

Naomi