Thread: Dress-up trunks

Default Dress-up trunks

I'm really wanting to get my dd a dress-up trunk for Christmas. Any suggestions?

Anyone have any experience with the dress-up trunks from TRU? Am I better off putting my own together? If I put my own together it will probably be much pricer, but I would think the quality would be better.

Am I over thinking this?? : )

Any suggestions would be awesome!

TIA
    Sheri
    Mum to Erik 2/95
    Momma to Jen 10/04

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Dress-up trunks

I think if you can find bargains you could buy your own stuff cheaper than the TRU sets.

Last year I had asked everyone who wanted to buy ds a gift to find something to contribute to a dress up trunk (hats, bandanas, sunglasses, old clothes...) but no one did. :( This year though I had the idea to go to Kmart, Kohls' and Target the days after Halloween and I picked up a ton of heavily discounted costumes and accessories. So, maybe some stores still have some of their costumes lingering online? DOubtful though. It really could just be a project you continuously add on to if you have a little something to get started now.

Just my thoughts; sorry I don't have any recommendations for a ready made product. I know I researched them last year and there must be some reason I didnt go with any of them but my brain is empty now. :)

Beth

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The one at Costco seems pretty nice. It has three complete outfits with a bunch of accessories and a storage chest for $40.

http://tinyurl.com/yy4a3l

http://content.costco.com/Images/Con...ct/911534L.jpg
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Default Costco Dress up trunk $29-in store

We have a similar trunk from Costco- and in store it is only $29. My daughter loves it. I do want to add some other dress up things though so she can pretend to be someone who is ---gasp----not a princess!

Happy Shopping!

Heather
    dd 1/04

annasmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

nak

i bought one from lillian vernon for my dd's 3rd birthday. honestly, i think i would have been better off making my own box and buying things i liked from target, dollar store, michaels, christmas tree store, etc.
    Eileen

DD - 6 y.o.
    DS - 4 y.o.
    DS - 2 y.o.
    DD - 8 months