Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    123metoo Guest

Default I need monitor help please!!!

I have an almost three year old and am about to have baby number two. they will be in two different bedrooms and i need monitors for both of them.
    any recommendations?
    i found this one, but the reviews don't seem to be so great.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family

we have the fisher price one right now for ds and there is too much static for me, so i knew we wanted a new one.

what do people do who need two child's rooms monitored? it can't be such a foreign concept, yet there isn't much out there.

thanks so much in advance for any advice!!

Default RE: I need monitor help please!!!

Try looking at this post from a few weeks ago...it seemed to be pretty informative. HTH!

-Sarah

eta link

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...3528&mode=full

123metoo Guest

do you have a link to it? i couldn't seem to find one with all that information in it.

Thanks.

123metoo Guest

Anyone have any thoughts?

CiderLogan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've been happy with the Safety 1st three-room monitor thing you linked to. We have one of the units in my older DD's room and two in the baby's room. The cycling through can be a little annoying, but mostly it's been great! I read the bad reviews too, but it was the only option for us really (our other monitor had died, so we would have had to buy two anyway).

Jenny
    Julia, 8/03
    Clara, 5/06

123metoo Guest

Thanks so much for the response. What do you mean the cycling through can be a little annoying? what is cycling through on that monitor?
    If you have them in separate rooms and you have the parent one in your bedroom, will whatever room noise if coming from light up or do you actually have to click on room number 1 to see if anything is going on or in room number 2? or does it automatically pick up either room? i hope that makes sense :)

Thanks so much!

and does it have a lot of static?

first_baby_for_me Guest

We have the Bebe sounds one and like it alot. The display is portable so it's easy to move around the house while DD is sleeping. You can connect up to four cameras and simply press the button to select the camera you want to view. (We wanted the option of adding more cameras in hopes of a sibling for DD.) I think a PP referred to this as "cycling through." You press the button to cycle through the A, B, C, or D camera.

http://www.bebesounds.com/products_p...escription.asp

There's also a phone system from Panasonic that has a video monitor, but I'm not sure how many cameras you can use with it.

Good luck!

There's one in the new onestepahead catalog -- check their website. It's also got a video camera.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have this one too. Basically the monitor scans through the three rooms staying on each one for 5 sec. You can set it to either scan or to stay on one room. It can be a bit disconcerting at first to hear 5 sec crying, 10 sec silence, 5 sec crying, etc. You have to have all three transmitters plugged in for the scanning to work since you will hear static if a transmitter is not working. We have one in each bedroom and one downstairs, but you can put two in one room as the PP did.

Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

123metoo Guest

Thanks, that was helpful info.
    are you happy with it in general?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast