Default Target's less mainstream toys

I just noticed while shopping for a birthday present that Target has new stuff in that alternative/wooden toy aisle. There were some really cute puppets on a stick--for example, a block of swiss cheese and a mouse pops out the top or a flower with a bug popping out. They had a bunch of wooden toys I hadn't seen before: kits to decorate and assemble (like an airplane for instance), games (there was a cute one with ghost playing pieces), and assorted blocks. And they had a couple of toys that looked like they were meant to be like the Quadrilla marble rolling sets. Target's had plastic pieces but the small set was maybe $10 or $15 so much more affordable than Quadrilla.

I also noticed they put their summer stuff out already which I thought was kind of early but among that stuff was a child sized metal barbecue (like the Weber kind that comes with a dome shaped cover) and you can pair it with a set of Target's wooden play food to make shish-kabobs. That was really cute--there were a couple of wooden "skewers" (not sharp) and your kid can build the kabobs with chunks of meat and veggie that have holes drilled in like beads.

Happy shopping.

BaileyBea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Target's less mainstream toys

I thought the Play Weber Grill thing was so cute. The skewers set was too cute! They also had some cool architectual building blocks and a wooden balance bike. Too cute!

I am sure glad they are getting more natural toys and european toys.

Nancy

Default RE: Target's less mainstream toys

We had a cheese/mouse pop-up puppet when she was little and she LOVED it-- she'd giggle so much! :)

Where are the shish-kabobs? I saw the grill, though, admittedly, didn't go through the aisle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Heather
    Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
    6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!