Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Bens Momma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Opinions from users of Swiffer on Hardwood floors??

A follow-up on the mop and vinegar spray. I went to Target the other day and couldn't figure out which mop to get. Is the microfiber one you are talking about the Real Simple brand that has a sponge with microfiber outer-layer? Couldn't find a Target or Method store brand. Also, do you just spray and mop (after vacuuming)? No rinsing right?

TIA-
    Ben & Will's Momma

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We just switched to this method ourselves, but we did end up with the Real Simple mop from Target you described. It was less than half the price of the Casabella I saw at the Container Store, and the Real Simple one may be made by Casabella (it's at least distributed by them).

The main difference I could see between the two was how the pad attached to the mop handle. (Snaps in RS, hook-and-loop in Casabella.) The handle of the Casabella was probably nicer, but the RS one is working fine for our floors!

I did notice a spot for a Target-branded one (maybe in the Michael Graves line?), but they were out of the mops and the refills...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

Bens Momma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks, I will be heading back to Target today/tomorrow and will probably end up getting the Real Simple one. It looked nice and was reasonably priced. Have your pads held up well? I noticed it said you could wash them in the washing machine on gentle cycle. It seemed a little odd to me as I wondered how the sponge part underneath would wash up and hold up after doing this. Have you tried this? Do they clean up well and hold up after washing?

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use 3M's Scotch brand mop. I bought mine at Target. The handle is yellow and the microfiber part is blue. It is all cloth and there is a pocket on each end, that slides over the "holder". So there is no sponge part to worry about.

I don't rinse after mopping. I just sweep/vacuum and then damp mop with the vinegar/water mixture.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Don't know yet... we just got it last weekend! :-)

I did grab an extra pad, so I'll probably wash this one when it needs it, and then just replace it if it doesn't survive.

The Casabella I saw definitely had a sponge part, though. The only part that looked different was the layer where it attaches to the handle.
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Casabella one with the sponge under the scrubber microfiber part. I've washed it several times in the washer and it has held up well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5