Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Opinions from users of Swiffer on Hardwood floors??

I'm looking at Target's Electrolux Pronto 2-in-1 Stick Vac. Partly because I think it will do a good job and partly because it is just so darn slick looking. :)

Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes - I meant to say this! I have a little cordless vac that was $30 at BBB, and it lives by by fridge. I use it every night after dinner - it's so great!

ETA - The one I have is the Eureka EZClean - like this one, but it's 3 years old, so not the same model. They have the shark $60 one ay my health club playroom, and really like it as well, but they've burnt out a few batteries on it. I haven't had to replace mine yet, but I do fully charge it all the time.

http://tinyurl.com/ya8tlf

abharrington Guest

anyone tried the Swivel Sweeper? I saw an infomercial on it but it seems like a swiffer size vaccume that you plug in. I really want one to keep my kitchen clean and not have to drag out the big vaccume. Dh doesn't quite get it but at 38 weeks and looking to having a litte one soon, it seems like a lifesaver.

www.swivelsweeper.com

abharrington Guest

for the vinager and water users: does this work on lanolium too? or just hardwoods? I have been using the swiffer wet jet but i dont' like having to buy the pads and solution and i feel like they dont' do the best job (i can still wipe up more dirt like the pp said)
    Thanks!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

First I'll answer this one. I use vinegar and water on my linoleum floors as well as hardwood. Someone does make a swiffer style pad that is supposed to be vinegar but it left my floors sticky so I threw them out.

As for the slightly earlier question, I don't see the swiffer vac being a very good vac plus don't you still have to buy their pads? I figure for a little bit more I can have a better vac and not have to worry about buying the pads for it. But that is just me and I haven't actually used it.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Lino

The vinegar thing works best on our linoleum. I hate linoleum, it never seems to come clean, but the diluted vinegar (like 1/3 vinegar, rest water) works better than enything I've tried so far. The Method cleaners, while smelling great, seem to leave residue. I love the spray bottle approach, so easy. Best idea I've ever gotten from Real Simple.

Default RE: Lino

Another option is the Bissell Flip Ease. I hope this link works: http://www.bissell.com/Products/prod...duct%5Fid=5288

One side will vacuum the floor so you can eliminate the need to sweep first. The other side works like a wet Swiffer but it has a reusable cloth. Instead of using their solution, you can just use a vinegar mix. We just started using it and I love the fact that I don't have to sweep anymore! That's always my least favorite step. :)

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I use the vinegar/water mix on linoleum and tile too.

Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Miss Pure Energy 3/03
    Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
    Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Microfiber mop and vinegar

So how do you use it? Do you walk around w/ the bottle and spray, then mop, move, spray then mop?

Can you use the swiffer w/ microfiber cloths instead of a microfiber mop?

Do you do a dry run thru first?

What's the vinegar/water concentration? What type of bottle?
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

we don't wear shoes in the house and wipe off our dog's paws (and private parts) every time he comes in the house. we vacuum once a week and use a dry swiffer in between as needed. beware that the wet swiffer has shown to be toxic to animals so i would beware of using that. for spot cleaning and wiping up drool marks from the baby and the dog, we use the bona hardwood floor cleaner (available at home depot or restoration hardware). works great and really gets the floor looking great. be careful what you put on your hardwood floors... if they are site finished with a polyurethane, you may end up streaking or adding a film on your floor inadvertently. use a cleaner that is meant for your floor finish.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast