Default Booster vs. Hook on?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Our DS is 8 months old and we are looking for a chair for restaurants and travel. I was going to get a regalo hook on chair but now I've been hearing that the fisher price booster chair is good. Any ideas about which is better?

Default RE: Booster vs. Hook on?

Most restaurants provide highchairs and booster seats.
    But if you really want to bring one of your own I would strongly recommend getting a booster seat because you never know whether a restaurant table is stable enough for a hook-on. (I think some center stem tables cannot support a hook on.)
    We have a folding one- maybe 1st years? that has worked fine. Just make sure it can strap around the bottom and back of the chair to ensure stability.

HTH!
    Betsy

We have the fisher price booster seat. My daugher (1 yr old) always has a clean surface for her food which is important because she insists on feeding herself. I like the fact that it folds up and the try goes in the dishwasher. I also like the fact that the tray has a lid so you can take it home w/out getting anything else dirty.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the eddie bauer pop up booster from target for traveling. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000COOKI2

It has been great. But at restaurants I usually use high chairs. I was afraid of the hook on to table kind - not sure why!