Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fire truck Party for 1 and 3 DS`

We are having a birthday party for our DS"S 1 and 3 at the end of October. I am looking for some ideas to start with. We are thinking chili, hotdogs and wings for food so far and a firetruck will be stopping by for a visit. Anyone else have any ideas decorations, snacks, favors. I am trying to bargain shop because money is a little tight but want it to be great.

Also any invite ideas. I usually get printed ones which is fine but I can also possible but something together. Someone on another thread mentioned photoshop. I have photoshop elements but I don't know how I would make them

Thanks for the help

Sara

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Fire truck Party for 1 and 3 DS`

My DS had a firetruck bday for his 4th! We found a cute image of a firetruck online I think at clipart.com) and I made a simple invite with the image on top and then a cute little rhyme in a red color

Something to the effect of

Get on your hat and firefighter gear
    It's time to celebrate Mason's 4th year!
    The trucks (or was it hoses?) are ready, get preparred to Douse
    the Birthday candles at the Firehouse!

Join us
    Date
    time place

rsvp to the fire chief at

AS far as photoshop goes you could put an image of each boy on the sides (maybe with a cute plastic red firehat on) and then maybe a small firetruck clip art up top with the wording below it running down the middle of the card!

I found a lot of inspiration here for our party

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/ht...uck_party.html

If you are tight on funds then I think simply buying everything RED would work. Red plates, napkins, tablecloths, cups, streamers etc. then maybe throw in some mylar firetruck balloons and red latex balloons! You could always just get red plates and then get the themed Cake plates or napkins!

http://www.balloons.com/online/progr...?showinv+96201

I love the site Birthdaydirect for party goods! They have come through for us for many years! They have a few "Fire" themed goods!

http://www.birthdaydirect.com/advanc...&Submit=Search

http://www.birthdaydirect.com/theme-...c-50_1045.html

http://www.birthdaydirect.com/advanc...&Submit=Search

For Favors

Check Oriental trading! They sell firehats by the dozen (for $5.95) .... and we got some cute firetruck lollypops. Looks like they now have Dalmation lolly pops! Each kids was happy with that! They also have a firetruck theme party goods set!

http://www.orientaltrading.com/appli...THEME#detail16

You aren't paying for the firetruck to visit are you? We call our local station and they were able to send a truck over with 4 firemen since they weren't busy. They let each child climb inside and we got to take pics of the kids all over the truck..... the kids really enjoyed it!

Have fun!

~Tondi
    Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

Check out Family Fun, they have a great cake I made that was fun and easy.

We did DS's 4th at a firestation. It was an absolute blast.

For favors I bought the Oriental Trading hats and things, and then found out the firemen were giving them some anyway, so you may want to check on that to save $. The station gave them each a hat, badge sticker, and coloring book. I had also found some fire vehicles in a 4 or 5 pack and small plasstic firemen (like army guys) at Dollar Tree. I think we did some other stickers and a flame decorated pencil or something.

We were way broke so didn't do any snacks besides cake. We were at the station so we didn't need and couldn't do any decorations. The kids got to try on fire gear, climb all over all the trucks, even try out one of the hoses (adults too!). We didn't have to plan any activities, either. :)

I made a cake that looked like the main truck at the station. I do make crazy difficult cakes, but that really was the simplest thing I've made in years and was so cute.

I'd do the whole thing again this year if DS would let me! We are on to pirates this year, though. Have fun!
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Thanks everyone. You would think this would be easy. My husband is a volunteer firefighter. We are not paying for the truck one of the guys will just bring it over and hang out while the kids check everything out. I definately think the red plates etc. is the way I am going maybe throw some yellow in there.

I am going to try and figure out how to make something in photoshop. I have it but haven't messsed around enough to figure it out. If anyone has any directions that would be helpful. I found these though tat seem pretty cheap. http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/easy...%3d1%26ref%3d1

I am going to check out all the websites and hopefully get a plan together. Thanks a bunch

Sara

Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Erica (mommysomeday) here on the boards makes custom invitations that are gorgeous! Other moms have posted her work here before. She might be able to help with design, or design and printing both, depending on your budget.
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

Thanks for the great ideas! We're planning on having a firefighter theme, as well. I will be doing our invites in Photoshop Elements in the next week or two. If anyone wants the PSD file, just let me know & I'll send it when it's complete. I think I'm going to do a 5x7 invite & get some envelopes at Michael's for a couple of dollars.

We were wanting a fire engine to come but didn't want to spend $250. I never thought about asking our local station to bring their truck. What a fantastic idea! Thanks!

Oops double post!

I would love to see what you come up with for an invite. I was going to try and learn photoshop to make one but I just don't heve the time right now. When is your party?? I'd love to share ideas.

Sara

I just sent you an e-mail, Sara.

--Natalie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast