Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gusmom Guest

Default RE: high chair help!

good point about the cushion.

here's the One Step Ahead one: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...tegoryId=85205

I wish they all provided dimensions so i could compare them in height, adjustability, etc. way too many choices! DH defers to me on these decisions (& then complains about the high prices LOL) so i really appreciate your opinions & help in sorting through it all & sharing your suggestions! :) Thanks!

gusmom Guest

Related question:

is the ability to recline important for older babies or just young infants? The wooden chairs don't seem to have that feature. How important is it/what is the purpose of being able to recline?

DS can sit fairly well. He doesn't take a bottle but is just now learning about the sippy cup. He took milk from it today (doing a happy dance LOL) but had to lean against me to get the hang of it & the stuff at the bottom of the cup. So i'm wondering if this is why chairs have the recline or if it's really not needed after a certain point?

i second the FP booster. when dd was 1.5 yrs old i moved into a tiny apt. there was no room for a high chair so i got the booster. plus it made dd feel like a big girl cuz she got to sit at the table on the grown up chairs. she loved it. it's easy to clean and easy to travel with. fits nicely into a suitcase. at 3 she still uses it.
    K
    DD#1 05/09

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I never had anything that reclined very much. If you think your DS needs that bit of recline at first, you can use a bouncy chair, stroller, or even a swing. I did that when we were just spoon feeding and it worked fine.

I know some people who liked a reclining seat so their infant could be up high and see them when they were doing chores in the kitchen. So they were not really even using it for feeding then. I suppose a bouncy chair on the counter could serve the same purpose.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2