Default Plastic farm animals

Help! They are so darn expensive! I simply want plastic farm animals for my son who's mesmerized by them. Where do you buy yours?

Default RE: Plastic farm animals

These are a lot smaller than the Schliech ones at target (the ones in the tube, not the ones in the bag), but they are pretty nice. I bought several different tubes for 3.99 a tube at a discount store. Maybe if you hunt you can find them cheaper than this:

http://www.tableandhome.com/prodedcbj

http://www.bananajunctiontoys.com/ca...p?cPath=48_164

I was going to recommend the "Toobs" as well. They are made by Safari. There are a bunch of different themes- scroll down to find forest animals, wild animals, pets, zoo babies, farm animals, etc.
    http://www.fatbraintoys.com/google_search.cfm

My MIL buys plastic animals at Wal-Mart and the Dollar store for cheap. Hopefully there's no lead paint! ;)

ETA: Shoot, the link didn't work properly. Just type "toob" in the search box at Fat Brain Toys and you'll find them.
    Kit

Littleman 10/03, Mr. Sweetcheeks 08/05, Babyman 11/07

Thanks so much. I found them for a pretty decent price on 2 sites. I just didn't know what to search for.

Now another question - where would I get a farm truck or something for my son to play with these animals?

If you go to a place like Ross they always have the toobs laying around. Good luck.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

I just saw the "toobs" ones at my local Michael's.
    - K

DD '05, DS '07

Do you know the price range of the toobs in Michaels?

One reason that I will buy Safari brand animals versus cheapy ones somewhere else (say Walmart for instance)--is that Safari adertises they are free of phthylates (an ingredient often found in PVC, and acts similarly to BPA in the body. It's a hormone disruptor).

edited to fix spelling :)
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Kais Mum Guest

I've just bought ours (Safari) one at a time at Michaels using 40% coupons. Some of the animals are offered in sets, so that's always a good way of using the coupon and getting several animals at once - or the tubes as previously mentioned would be great if you don't mind the small sized animals.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The last time I was at TRU there were big tubs of animals in different themes (safari, farm, ocean) by either animal planet or the discovery channel (I think it was the discovery channel but I can't remember 100%). They were fairly large, too. I think $10 or $20 for the tub and they had a lot of animals in the tub.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010