Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    cpsadvocate Guest

Default RE: IMPORTANT: READ THIS IF YOU OWN A BRITAX MARATHON!

This link explains how to check and see if your harness straps are snug enough: http://www.carseat.org/Technical/tec...m#harnesstight . The straps should be snug around the legs too. Is there anything that is preventing the harness from getting snug enough like the velcro or problems with the adjuster? See the information here: http://www.geocities.com/cpsadvocate/adjuster.html and click on "Other Issues".

Also, it is helpful if you follow the directions to buckle your child in that Britax gives in the instructions that come with the seat. It starts on page 28. The manual I'm referring to is dated R4:02/03 . You can find this date on the back of your instruction booklet. If you don't have the latest copy, you can download one from http://www.britaxusa.com . It's under "Customer Support" and "User Guides and Instructions".

This information is only meant to help you problem-solve. You should contact Britax about any concerns you have.

Mom to 4 ages 4 To Teen and owner of first-made Marathon with ALL of the issues. I really like this seat, but would like it better without the issues. :-)

akc Guest

Hi again -

Can you have the problem that the velcro does not allow you to pull the leg section snug IF they do match the corresponding patches? My husband thinks the velcro is a problem too, but I told him that our little patches match up, so that couldn't be the case?

OK, now you can't laugh, but I have a second ridiculous question. When I went to check the over/under issue, I noticed that my husband had left two styrofoam blocks in the frame of the seat down by the legs. On the right side of the seat (as you look at it) it had space for the owner's manual and on the left it completely filled it up. On both sides of the seat it would fall under her legs. I took them out thinking I would give him a hard time, but then the seat cover pillowed more loosely and there were wierd spaces there. So, I stuck them back in. :) I'm sure that they are not supposed to be there, but can anyone comment on these? Without them the seat cover is sort of loose and there is this space that is close to where her legs are but is not as wide as a leg. Is it strange to leave them in? I am so embarassed!

cpsadvocate Guest

Default Velcro

Is the velcro preventing the lap straps from being snug enough? By that I mean, are you not able to tighten them anymore because you'd have to pull the velcro partially or all the way through the tongue to do so? If that's the case, then it seems like the velcro (even though it sounds like you have the straps with the patches lower) may be preventing a snug fit around the legs.

This information is only meant to help problem-solve. Please express your concerns to Britax if you cannot tighten the harness properly. It's my understanding they do not want the velcro patch partially in the tongue or above it. Be sure to describe the straps you have to them. They may not have a set of straps with the patches any lower...then people would say they are too short to attach to the sides of the cover. However, they can advise you what to do and pass this information on to their technicians.

Mom to 4 ages 4 To Teen and owner of first-made Marathon with ALL of the issues. I like this seat, but would like it better without the issues :-)

CPSDarren Guest

Default RE: The problem with the Marathon adjuster is how it is threaded not that it's an A-lok & other issues. (more)

>I agree to disagree.
    >
    >I am confused. Are you replying because this does apply to
    >you? If not, please do not feel the need to reply on behalf
    >of others that you know this does apply to.
    >
    >I often help out with "issues" that don't personally affect
    >me.
    >
    >Frankly, this discussion has gotten off topic and is taking
    >away time that I could be using to help someone else.
    >Perhaps you could use the time you've invested into this
    >topic and get out the instruction book from the Marathon
    >you've borrowed or download one from Britax's site. These
    >people here and elsewhere have a lot of questions. If we
    >take the time to answer them, maybe we can prevent them, the
    >ones that actually have the Marathon with the "issues", from
    >becoming more upset than they already are.

Actually, I have been helping parents on this forum for some time, on a wide range of issues. You are welcome to do so as well.

In any case, I certainly agree this skull and dagger stuff is not of particular importance, and therefore it's probably not necessary to make an inquisition of anyone's CPS background, or lack thereof. If something is on your mind about the quality of my advice, or anyone else's, please say so straight up.

Cheers!

Darren

cpsadvocate Guest

Default RE: The problem with the Marathon adjuster is how it is threaded not that it's an A-lok & other issues. (more)

You can benefit people more by replying to the specific questions they have about the Marathon since you have one that has been borrowed and the instruction book (or could obtain the instruction book from Britax's site). Some of these questions are more general and can be answered because of your knowledge and experience. You also know some great resources to link them to.

Cheers!

Mom to 4 ages 4 To Teen and owner of one of the first-made Marathons with ALL of the issues. I would like this seat even better w/o the issues :-)

http://www.geocities.com/cpsadvocate/adjuster.html

cpsadvocate Guest

Default EPS Foam

Those styrofoam blocks that you describe are supposed to be there. It is what they call EPS foam or material similar to what is used to line bicycle helmets with. If you look under the seat cover behind where your child's back and head as well as on the sides, you'll see the same material.

The instruction book under that styrofoam block is what they call a "Perma-Book". This ensures that the instructions are with the seat in case the ones on the back gets misplaced or lost. Here's a link to some information about it: http://www.britaxusa.com/news.cfm?id...CC4B30765662BF

I hope that answers your question, but you are not the first person to ask that. A lot of people think it is packing material.

Mom to 4 ages 4 To Teen and owner of one of the first-made Marathons with ALL of the "issues". I would like this seat even better without the "issues" :-)

CPSDarren Guest

>You can benefit people more by replying to the specific
    >questions they have about the Marathon since you have one
    >that has been borrowed and the instruction book (or could
    >obtain the instruction book from Britax's site). Some of
    >these questions are more general and can be answered because
    >of your knowledge and experience. You also know some great
    >resources to link them to.
    >
    >Cheers!

Thank you for the advice. Peace.

desxposd Guest

Default RE: Velcro

>It's my understanding they do not
    >want the velcro patch partially in the tongue or above it.
    >Be sure to describe the straps you have to them.

I agree with you, but the manual has pictures where they are showing how to tighten and stupidly the velcro on the straps are all ABOVE the buckle. Didn't anyone at Britax lookover the manual????

Rrrrrrrr,
    Sally

cmesharpe Guest

I have a marathon as well, and have strap tightening issues. Could you send me the pictures you took. I'd really appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Catherine

ATJ71 Guest

This is the first time i have logged in. my main purpose was to find out what people thought of the marathon. i have spent alot of time reading your comments, as well as everyone elses. i am either sleep deprived or overwhelmed, probably both i am looking for advice whether to go with the roundabout or marathon...........please help:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6