dueinmay Guest

Default Problems with Alpha Omega anyone?

Has anyone else had these issues? My Alpha Omega is driving me crazy. The straps are forever twisted - looks like that must make it less comfortable for DD, maybe even less safe. The tightening mechanism is so hard to work, too, at least RF. This is a 2001 version of the carseat (MIL gave us since the first grandchild outgrew it). I am thinking of just getting a different seat (Britax RA or MA seem SO much better, from this board at least), if I can't resolve these problems.

Rebecca
    It's a girl! 5.14.03

Default RE: Problems with Alpha Omega anyone?

I think everyone has those problems...sigh...
    You could try calling Cosco and demanding a new harness...The newer harnesses are polyester rather than nylon, and tend not to fold and twist nearly as easily (yes, twisted straps are potentially very injurious, particularly for FF useage...the crash forces are narrowed down to less space..Imagine if our seatbelts were made of rope instead of nice flat polyester...ouch!).
    Or you could go ahead and get the Marathon, and just use the AO as a spare booster a couple years down the line... Yes, the MA/RA really ARE so much better than Cosco products...I owned a Cosco harnessed high back booster once, and even as a barely used spare, the harness drove me to the brink of insanity, lol...my MA has never been a problem :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

amp Guest

Default RE: Problems with Alpha Omega anyone?

If you do a search in this forum for Alpha Omega, I think you'll find that you are not alone in having problems. Perhaps you can read what others experiences have been and then decide what to do. FWIW, we love our MA, but it is more expensive than most.