Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bluepinkzoo Guest

Default :) I do have a Baby Trend LATCH-Loc 22 rated to 22 lbs. and 28.5".

See the thread here: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

NOTE: Height is just a guideline. I think most experts still prefer the top of the baby's HEAD to be 1" below the hard plastic top of the shell. Though Britax does say a 30" height guideline, they state in the instructions "The child is too tall when the top of the head is ABOVE (not 1" below) the top of the restraint or height exceeds 30". It is helpful to have the same person measure from the crease of both infant seats to the hard plastic top. The Baby Trend adjustable back version in the highest position is the same as the Designer 22 seat if that helps you. I do get about 18.5". I haven't seen the Companion in real life to measure it too. If the back is really taller, then you might get extra time out of it. If it isn't, then you may not as most experts still do prefer the 1" below rule which allows for the baby to ramp up some without their head coming in contact with the back of the vehicle seat.

The release to get the carrier out of the base is at the foot end too so that probably makes it less compatible with other strollers. I think Baby Trend said it will work with their Snap and Go frame which is what I'd prefer anyway over a bulky stroller that often comes with the "travel" systems.

Using the infant seat alone was a consideration in my decision too. The guides for the seat belt are on the top of the infant seat versus on the side which made it work better with my seat belt--no plastic pieces of the seat belt end up in the guides this way. Also, you just put the lap portion of the seat belt through those guides and the shoulder portion goes against the vehicle seat back instead of around the back of the infant seat. You can download the instructions for this seat through their web site (link to it in other post)--just click on LATCH-Loc car seat. Then you can call their number listed and get the seat without the stroller from them if you mention the Baby Bargains newsletter. It was $89.99 which included shipping.

The harness adjuster on the Companion is probably a little easier to use if it is like the one on the Roundabout. However, I think the one on the Baby Trend is easier to use than any of the others I've tried on the to 22 lbs. models.

I think either seat would be nice so you can't go wrong. You might just find you like this one, though, and it is about 1/2 the price.

:) with baby girl due in April

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Does anyone have a Britax Companion?

I know it doesn't have a front harness adjuster but the Evenflo Portabout 5 has 22lbs 29inches guidelines doesn't it???? It could be another option for the higher limits if you are willing to deal with the rear harness adjuster! A friend of mine had the potabout and seemed pretty satisfied with it! Good luck. I loved having the higher weight/height limits on my Century seat as well.... bummer that Graco couldn't just work on a Snugride with higher limits!!!!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

bluepinkzoo Guest

Default The LATCH-Loc is supposed to work with the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier.

It is $39 at Baby Depot. It is just a frame that can be used with an infant car seat.

P.S. I think it will work with the Britax seat too.

Check it out: http://www.bcfdirect.com/IWCatProduc...edProduct=true

It doesn't mention Baby Trend by name on the web site as being compatible, but the LATCH-Loc was mentioned in the instructions. Please verify this yourself, though.

:) with baby girl due in April

aoconnell Guest

Default RE: Can the Britax Companion be used without the base? or base only, TIA, ...

I called Britax today to ask just that. The carrier alone is 10 lbs., and with the base the total weight is 18 pounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2