momof3girls Guest

Default OMG!!! Wizards 224,99 shipped

New code AFFAPRIL 10% off makes the Wizard 224.99 click on BEST SELLING BRITAX CAR SEAT.

Here is the link...

http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?...lang=&id=29911

NOTE: This post has been edited by the moderator---when posting sales to this board, please do NOT post links that include an affiliate commission. This violates the non-commercial part of our usage policy. Only post a sale that inclues a DIRECT link to the sale page! Thanks in advance, alan & denise

momof3girls Guest

Default RE: OMG!!! Wizards 224,99 shipped

I see that it is only on the Wizard in Racer fabric, and only for a limited time. Let me know if it helps.

papal Guest

Kelly
    Please edit your post to put the DIRECT link to the babyuniverse.com webpage:
    http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?...lang=&id=29911
    WARNING:
    Everyone, i just wanted you to know that i was doing some research on advertising revenues and basically if you click on any of the links on the webpage that Kelly has put in a link, i believe there is some advertising revenue generated for that poster because of a click-through. IMO, if you really want to just give out information to BBB users, you can give a DIRECT link to BabyUniverse or whichever else online retailer along with the code.

Kelly, PLEASE correct me if i am wrong, i am posting this because i know a lot of people have seen this post already and wanted to let you all know. I have informed the Fields about this already. I know there is a chance that i am completely wrong about your intentions, but i needed to say this.

Actually that code, and the 10psurvey code listed in the link will work to get 10% off of the other fabrics, but they start at the regular retail price, which makes them $242.
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess

momof3girls Guest

This is in response to PAPAL's post only.

Actually, I thought that everyone would benefit from a simple web site that consolidated all the deals that I have spent time looking for. You could then book mark it and refer to it as needed rather than try to search out a thread that you think you remember when it comes time to make a purchase.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I just thought it was a good idea. I posted a link to my email so that other members could share the deals they have found and I would post those as well.

I don't really feel the need to defend my actions. Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but I can not think of one reason how this affects you??? Why would you take time out of your day (especially a holiday) to create problems for someone simply trying to help others save a buck or two? It sounds to me like a lot of people have saved substantially due to my posts.

Would any of you like to go ahead and voluntarilly pay back the money you saved to the retailer??

One last thought... Even if the retailers were rewarding me (which they are not.) how would that affect you or the people getting the savings??

papal Guest

Kelly,
    I agree with you that a lot of people would benefit from using these discounts. I would just wish that you could say in your post that by clicking through those links, it generates advertising revenue for you (or whoever else).Since you are maintaining that website, i just assumed you are also maintaining all the content of that website as well. Is this not true?
    How does this affect me? Personally, i do not see the BBB as a place for ANY kind of spam. It sets a bad precedent. That is my only reason for posting this.
    I am sure all deals can be posted with direct links to the retailers website.... i don't see any reason to go through another website.

momof3girls Guest

I would say that, but it doesn't generate any revenue for me, nor anyone I know.
    Like I said I like having one place that I post the bargains that way I dont make a ton of posts here, for each individual item, more I just put them in one place and it is easily accessible to everyone, and if they know about it they can still benefit even if they missed the post.
    BTW... did you know that 96% of your internet activity is generated by cookies, I could list at least 20 sites that you and I use every week, that are, or were the first time you clicked on them, an advertised link.

I may have gone thru ebates, coupon cabin, coupon mountain, deals4u, or any number of other coupon sites, the day I ran into that particular deal. Sorry but I didn't write it down, nor do I keep track of every time I click thru a banner ad of some sort.

In reality it doesn't matter to me if coupon cabin is getting a kickback (or whomever). If they put the link where it was accessible to me, and I used it and copied it from my address bar, I would say well done to them, as that it what makes the internet world go around. And even if they were getting 60% (which again is just a for instance) it doesn't affect me, or you, or anyone else for that matter. We are still paying the same price, and a pretty good one at that!

I will state again... I have, nor have ever, had any ill-intent with this web site. Just a very basic and simple place for folks to submit and find bargains when they are in the market.

Side Bar- If I knew how to create and maintain a profitable web site, and get a check rolling in every month, make money while sleeping, I wouldn't have a free 1 page web site (non-advertised at that) with no graphics, that takes about 5 minutes a week to maintain, and I certainly wouldn't be working at Osh Kosh for minimum wage.

I am amazed at the attention this accusation has created. WOW, from a simple web site with links to a few great deals, to an pissing match between moms about comissions and cookies!

My email is posted on the website, so if you found a good deal and sent it to me, I would take the time to generate a link and the code and post it to the site. How is that profitable to me?????

Vajrastorm Guest

Kelly, all you had to say was you were unaware that the links went through another website. This isn't a pissing match! Rashmi was simply being helpful to the entire board by pointing out this error.

I for one ordered an RA though previous information you provided, and I am grateful for that.

Maybe we can all swalk away from this having learned an important lesson about internet selling?

SO I just have to ask:
    If you are not making ANY money from people using your informational website, then why would you pay to list in on Ebay with a link to your website????
    Just curious...
    Valerie
    Mom to DD (7/01), DS (3/03) and "brother" (7/08)