Default Time to upgrade from RA?

I know I've read it before, but I can't seem to find it now. Aidan is almost too tall for the RA - his head is an inch or so from the top, rear-facing. We're planning on keeping him rear-facing until he's three, so I'm pretty sure we need a new seat. He's certainly well under the weight limit, but this boy has one long torso! Should we go ahead and get a bigger seat? Any recommendations? We have the Marathon in one car, but I was wondering if we should go even bigger. TIA!

Jennifer
    Mom to Aidan Christopher
    01/28/03

Default RE: Time to upgrade from RA?

You can't get any bigger than the Marathon...click the link in my sig..my dd was 41 inches before she hit 33 pounds...too tall for the Cosco seats with the 35 pound weight limit, or I would have bought one!
    Check the manual for your RA, it may well say the RF height limit is when the ears are even with the top of the seatback...if you check the rearfacing gallery, there's a picture of "Kendra" who's three and just *at* outgrowing the RA by height and weight RF.
    Anyway, they really start growing longer legs at 18 mos-2 years, and you may be surprised at how much time you do have left in your RA RF... You of course can consider the Marathon or Wizard, too...it is always a good thing to be RF as long as possible (and later, harnessed FF as long as possible, too :) )
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx