lynettefrancois Guest

Default Edited: going to the local tech...

**Edited to say: Wish me luck! I'm going to try and make an appointment with my local tech at the police station! I really want my MA to fit well; it's such a quality seat.**

Three problems: Can't figure out how to clip, latch, or tether! Argh!

Do I need to be a weightlifter to get both of the seat belt clips hooked? I could only get the one opposite the seatbelt hook clipped. It doesn't mention clipping the other one in the instructions, but I can't imagine not clipping both. I could BARELY get the one clipped. DH will be back from a trip soon, but that still leaves the tethering problem....

Second problem: I looked at all the links to pictures of the versa tether in use, but still can't find where to tether mine. I have an 01 bmw 5 series wagon. I am trying to put it in the center position. My seats have tracks bolted to the floor, but I couldn't get even a corner of the belt to go underneath (there's a plastic cover over it). I can't find anything stationary except those tracks! Where on earth can I tether it? That was the main reason I justified the extra cost for this seat!

Ok, another problem: As a last resort I tried putting the seat behind the passenger side so I could brace it against a seat back and try using the latch system, but the latch belts aren't long enough by several inches! AND I have side airbags so I don't want it there anyway (I think I could have them turned off at the dealership though). I put one of the latch belts between the fold down seats (shortest distance) and there's no reaching them. Why is this so hard?!? Any advice/condolences/map to city dump appreciated...

Default RE: Edited: going to the local tech...

Good luck at the tech!

Don't sweat the built in lockoffs...you don't even need them at all (they are meant to be pre-crash positioners for cars with non-locking seatbelts), so one or none is just as safe as doing both.

Installing the seat one latch hook at a time is the easiest way to get it installed...lengthen the straps all the way, put the seat on the vehicle seat sideways, clip the latch hook on the center latch bar, then rotate the car seat to the proper orientation, and clip the other latch hook, the outboard one. Then get the right angle, and tighten them equally.

As for the Tether...I tried to rf tether a roundabout in a bmw, and it was impossible! I see how you could be having trouble finding something solid to tie the tether connector strap to...ugh...maybe you and a tech digging around under there will find one...bring your kneepads, lol.

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx