Default Husky in Ody? (hehe, that rhymes!)

Here is the quandry:
    -DS (28mo, ~38lbs) is in a Marathon, which is working really well.
    -DD just hit 26in at her 4mo appt!

I was thinking that instead of just buying a second Marathon, I might buy a Husky to move DS into, and let DD have the current Marathon. Does anyone have a Husky? Was it as comfy for your toddler as thier previous Roundabout or Marathon?

And, of course, does a Husky fit in the second row captains chairs of the Oddessy? Will a Husky and Marathon fit side-by-side, if I push the seats together?

Any advice is appreciated!

Default RE: Husky in Ody? (hehe, that rhymes!)

I have a Super Elite (pre-LATCH Husky) in my Ody and love it, it fits great...even pushed next to the other captain's chair.
    Here's a page with installation tips (not mine...I won't take credit!)
    http://www.car-safety.org/husky.html

The only thing to consider is the lack of sleep support...the Husky isn't *bad* for sleep support, but you'll get a lot more head flopping than the Marathon. To me, that's the only drawback (oh, and you can't take it on an airplane...I don't know if that's a drawback for you?).

Anyway, we love ours...my 7 year old is the main rider, and he can buckle and unbuckle himself (he complains sometimes he wants to ride in his Bodyguard, because he likes the "pillows" of the headwings, but if he never knew the difference, he'd never complain!)

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Husky in Ody? (hehe, that rhymes!)

I have 2 Huskys in the 2 captain chairs for a 3.5 yrs old and a 5 yrs old. There isn't an issue with fitting the Husky in an Ody captain chair.

As Julie said, the lack of 'sleep support' would be the issue for a 28 months old. My 3.5 yrs also uses the Wizard in daddy's car and I prefer the WZ fit for him better, although he is fine in the Husky. When he sleeps in the Husky, his head tends to flop. In addition, I have to correct his sitting position and push his bums all the way to the crease of the Husky so he doesn't slump in it.

The other issue with the Husky is that it cannot be taken on an aircraft. I am now looking to buy a MA for my 5 yr old because we are starting to fly again now.

Tam
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor