starrynight Guest

Default wwyd? Possibly considering Marathon or RA

E is 16 months old and she is really tall but tiny as far as weight goes. She is 19.5lbs but 32 inches tall! Right now I have her rearfacing in a graco comfortsport, the seat is working fine now but she is almost too tall to keep her rearfacing, I wasn't planning on her being so tall/thin at this age and thought I would be ok with this seat. I do not want her turned around this early, she is too petite, so seems like I might need a new seat.

Would you go with the RA or the marathon? I'm guessing if I go with the marathon I can skip the high back booster and then when the time comes I can just get a cheap backless booster? Is that right? I'm not up and up on britax but does the RA at least have the same height limit as the marathon? I think she will be at least 5 before she gets to 40lbs at this point, so I'm not even sure she will ever end up in a high back booster as far as weight goes, I'm more concerned with her outgrowing another seat with her height.

Any idea on the cheapest price on a marathon? I don't really have any preferance as far as pattern goes, there are a few I like more than others but we can't really afford to be picky! Dh is in the military so we can get the baby catalog of america membership and get it discounted there, does anyone else know of anything cheaper than that?

TIA

JennsBabySky Guest

Default RE: wwyd? Possibly considering Marathon or RA

I have a tall, skinny almost 5 year old daughter. The Roundabout does have lower harness straps. She outgrew her Roundabout by height just before she was 4. At this age she was maybe 30#s when she was soaking wet, plus I wanted to keep her harnessed as long as possible. I ended up buying 2 more seats (mine and DH). We went with Marathons for the extra height. I just wish this was available 5 years ago -- I would have saved some money!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have a tall, skinny boy who will probably outgrow his RA by the summer, leaving me buying yet another seat to keep him harnessed for a while longer. Since your DD is so tall, go straight for the Marathon - there is about a 9" difference in the height limit (40" for RA, 49" for MA) and you will more than get your money's worth out of it.

With the baby catalog membership, that is one of the best prices around right now. But I keep on waiting for them to do another $$ off coupon - haven't seen once since the holidays!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

starrynight Guest

Thank you both, I figured the marathon had a higher height limit but I wasn't sure. It sounds like that is our best and possibly only choice to keep her harnessed as long as possible with her height and weight. She eats like a horse, sometimes more than her siblings, she just doesn't gain much weight!