Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    motheroftwo Guest

Default Evenflo Traditions Plus vs Generation

I've located a Evenflo Traditions plus on sale for $120. I've also found an Evenflo Generation for regular price of $160. I can't find very much on the Internet about either. They don't even have the Generation on the Evenflo website. Do you have an opinion about one versus the other? I of course prefer the price of the Traditions but I also want to be sure I'll be happy with its ease of use, versatility, safety, comfort and so on as this will be my son's main car seat. He was using the Cosco Touriva convertible seat until now so he's used to a bare-bones type seat without any complaints.

These are the differences and similarities I can see:
    -Generation booster up to 100 lbs vs Traditions up to 80 lbs
    -both harness up to 47 lbs (but I can't find how tall they harness to)
    -it looks like the Tradition has the harness adjust right on the belt but I can't see how the Generation harness adjusts
    -the Generation maybe has more padding on seat?
    -the Generation has padded harness cover

Pam

Default RE: Evenflo Traditions Plus vs Generation

Well, the Traditions is the same as your Express, with armrests. The Generations has a dial harness adjuster, and probably a different way to change the strap heights (remember with the express, you have to pry those metal tabs out of the back of the seat? I *think* the generations is different. I know my 5 yo still fit in the harness (she's tall) and I liked it when I saw it (open belt guides for booster use), but I didn't check the back of the seat (shame on me!) for the harness adjuster method.

If you can stand basically the same seat as your Express, then get the Traditions. If you just know that would drive you crazy, then get the Generations, I think.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

motheroftwo Guest

Default RE: Evenflo Traditions Plus vs Generation

Hi Julie,
    We're trying the Evenflo Traditions right now - it was on sale. It's not bad. The way to change the strap heights is definitely annoying and installing the seat using LATCH is not as easy as some seats. I don't think it has great seatbelt guides either (as a booster). It looks comfortable though and my son likes the idea of the pillow and the toy pouch. I can't believe they're still making these, though. Why are they continuing with this ridiculous design of harness height adjustment? I'm not even sure I like the way the front harness adjusts right on the strap.

I looked at the Generation seat. It adjusts in the back like most seats - the straps hang down the back and loop around a metal thing at the bottom. You unhook them at the bottom, pull them out of the harness slot, thread them through the new harness slot, and rehook them around the metal thing. If I remember correctly, it had more of a side extension at the top sides to rest their heads against when sleeping than the Traditions. You mentioned open belt guides for booster use, and I like the idea of that. I couldn't see any guides at all on this seat and wondered how it worked. Do the guides get installed when needed? I moved the seat cover aside and didn't see anything. I would ask Evenflo but I'm very tired of sending detailed specific questions only to have them respond with "please phone us".

Pam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3