wendysimon Guest

Default This is the best deal I could find for a britax marathon $188.73

Hi, I'm about to buy a marathon. After going back and forth about the new britax car seats I think this will be perfect. The head wings look very iritating to me and we have side impact protection on our minivan (05 Odyssey) We have the roundabout now for my oldest daughter. So I've looked into pricing and thought I'd share what I found out.

First you need to have an account with ebates. I have had one for years and saved a ton of money. It's very easy to use and you get money back for all the places you shop. And you can still use coupons. When you sign up you get $5 automatically added to your account. Use my link below and I think I get some kind of bonus too. Whenever you shop just go here first so that knows you are being referred by ebates. Basically stores pay ebates for sending you to them so ebates gives you some of that money back. Heres the link: http://www.ebates.com/landing_fivedo...om&refpageid=1

Once there go to the baby section and BABY UNIVERSE, click on the link. (You will get 6% back on your total purchase by check, plus the $5 sign up bonus) Then navigate to the britax section. Pick out the carseat or anything else you want. Add it to your cart and use code APR10PER to save an additional 10 percent. They are also offering free shipping on britax right now.

So to summerize:

Use the link above for ebates.
    Navigate to the marathon $229
    Use the code APR10PER for 10% off

Total for babyuniverse should be 206.10

Then you will get a check in the mail later for 17.36 making your final total $188.73

kellyotn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: This is the best deal I could find for a britax marathon $188.73

Seems a lot of people have trouble actually getting the ebates with BabyUniverse when buying Britaxes though. :-( I remember reading about it awhile back. Maybe do a search?

I used BabyAge last December and DID get my ebates no problem, but its only 3 or 4% (can't remember).

kelly

> Use my link below and I think I get
    >some kind of bonus too.

Your previous posts show that you know exactly what you get back. All but three of your posts to these forums have been spam trying to get someone to sign up for eBates using you as a reference so that you get your $5. I'll bet you've made a good bit of money over the last 2 years that way.

It's kinda tacky, don't you think?

Most email lists and discussion boards prohibit spamming for things like this. I wish this one did too.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

wendysimon Guest

I have posted before about ebates and I think there is nothing wrong with it. I wasn't trying to hide that I got a bonus as I mentioned it so that people like you wouldn't think it's spam. I buy a lot of things online. I don't know how many people sign up when I get a check. My check is for the items that I've purchased through them. I think ebates is a terrific bargain and this is "Baby Bargains" you know.

I have posted before about using ebates at babycenter for an awesome clip on highchair that was on sale. There is nothing wrong with passing on a great website to save even more. When someone signs up with the link they get an extra $5 and I get a bonus too. I'll look it up to see what it is later or you can since you seem more concerned with it. If I posted it before than I guess I knew at the time but right now I don't.

I thought this seemed like a great deal for a britax marathon and just wanted to pass it on.

If you guys would prefer that I don't pass on great deals when I find them than please let me know but I for one love to find the best price without doing all the headache work.

wendysimon Guest

Kelly, Thanks for the tip about ebates and babyuniverse. After looking through some threads it looks like in order to get the rebate you need to use a coupon code from ebates. I'm happy to report that the code I provided was from ebates so it should work just fine. Won't know for sure until the check is in hand though but all rules have been followed.

Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the post about the best price. I just got a Wizard for the same price, and it is definitely the cheapest that I have found. :)

MamaParis Guest

too bad they're out of stock of all the GOOD fabrics!!

oh well ..

and FYI everyone I think Albees has one Wizard on sale for like $206 or $209 with no tax and free shipping, too! :)

spikeso Guest

This is a great deal. Thanks for posting.

Just FYI: if you are already an Ebates member (like I am), and don't qualifty for the $5 signup bonus, you can get a slightly better deal by doing the same thing at www.fatwallet.com. Their cash back rebate is 7.2% at Baby Universe. (They advertise the same APR10PER coupon as well.) Just passing it along.

-neal