lmarcam Guest

Default Should I buy a Sit 'n Stroll?

I plan to travel cross country at least 4 times in the next 4 months, probably at least 2 of those trips will be just me and dd. My DD is nearly 4 months old and has outgrown her Snugride (we've gone cross country once with snugride and snap and go). Should i buy a sit 'n stroll for these trips? I'm most concerned about its safety as a car seat, as it would get some use in cars, trains, etc. . . in addition to the airplane? If I do buy it, do I need to get a new model or is it ok to buy used? Would I be better off with the Touriva, a car seat "backpack" and my P3 (I worry this would be a lot to juggle when traveling alone with dd but want to do whatevaer is safest for her)?

lmarcam Guest

Default RE: Should I buy a Sit 'n Stroll?

I should add that the Touriva would be purchased for travel only -- I don'twant to schlep our britax around.

What about the new attachment wheels for your Britax? GoGoBabyz (I think that is the name). It is brand new and I am anxious to hear others reviews but sounds like a great solution!

Lucia
    mom to Noah 2/2003

I've never been happy with how the SNS installs...no techs I know are ever happy with how it installs (a lot of parents do love it, but remember that even well-written reviews still come from a general population with a 99% carseat misuse rate...). A brand new Touriva to hook on or sit in your stroller would be cheaper and easier. It will seem quite flimsy compared to your Britax, but it's light and installs very well in almost all vehicles, and is a very safe seat.

Just my 2 cents.... :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

pittsburghgirl Guest

We have the Touriva, and I travel alone regularly. DS sits in the the stroller (I Have a Zooper Zstreet, so similar to your P3) and I can hang the car seat off the handles when he's in the stroller, just pull it off when I take him out.

To get on the plane, I strap him on me in my mei tai, fold the stroller at the bottom of the jetway to gatecheck and then I can easily carry the car seat onto the plane while carrying him (diaper backpack). It is super lightweight. I can even install it while he's still strapped on (I have gotten very good at it!)

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png