pastaff65 Guest

Default Looking for second car seat....

we have a Britax Wizard in my car but we are looking for a second seat for dh's full size extended cab truck. It has a full bench seat in the back with LATCH system. DS is 22 months old, weighs 30 lbs and is about 35 inches tall. Any suggestions on what seat may work well and not be as expensive as another Britax. TIA, Patty

Default RE: Looking for second car seat....

He sounds like a big kiddo...do you think a regular harnessed booster, that only goes to 40 pounds, would really be adequate to keep him harnessed to 40 pounds and at least age 4-5? If you and/or dad are really tall, you might seriously consider the Marathon, as it will keep him harnessed long enough to really keep him safe, without you being worried in a year that you need yet another new seat because he's 40 pounds and too young for a booster.

If he's just a big baby and you and dad are more like average sized, then the Graco Platinum or Ultra Cargo, or the Evenflo Chase/Traditions/Generations would be fine :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

pastaff65 Guest

He is kind of on the big side for his age and always has been. I'm just looking for some guidance on what type of seat to choose. Are there any other seat that will keep him harnessed past 40 lbs besides the Britax? I really appreciate your input!! TIA, Patty

Unfortunately, Britax is the only current company with a harness above 40 pounds. We've been eagerly awaiting the Cosco Apex to hit store shelves, but it's been "about a month away" for a couple months (it's great...it's like any other harnessed booster/combo seat, like the Gracos and Evenflos I recommended, but it harnesses to 65 pounds, then is a booster till 100). Maybe you can wait a month or so and see if it finally gets released? It should be about $130. (I've seen a prototype, it's really nice!...I'm just disheartened by the looooooong wait they are putting us through :P )

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx