bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default 2005 Chrysler Town & Country?

Does anyone have this? We are looking at moving from the Expedition to this van. We have a RA and a Combi Tyro. Do the Britax's fit ok? With the new stow and go seats, the seats are narrower than the 2004's. Thanks!
    Betsy

searchdog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: 2005 Chrysler Town & Country?

I have a Dodge Grand Caravan so basically the same vehicle. Let me just say I LOVE the stow n go!

I can tell you that we have a Britax Wizard installed rearfacing in one of the captains chairs. What I did was move the captains chair all the way back (they adjust front to back just like the front seats) and then had to recline the seat back a little bit in order to get a good fit. I am very happy with my van, I love it.

I have never tried the carseat in the back bench seat. I did take our carseat to the dealership and tried it in the van to make sure it was going to fit the way I wanted it to, so you might want to do that also if you can. I just tried them in the van in the showroom and the salesman was very helpful in even carrying the seat in for me and setting it in the van as it was freezing outside at the time and I was by myself with DD still in her snugride.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the van and I can try to answer them.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is a bit off topic re:car seats...however, can a gallon of milk fit into the storage compartments? Such mundane things I am thinking of. I thought about taking the car seats into the showroom, and now I think I will do that. I never thought of myself as the minivan type...the expedition is so much taller though, its so hard getting two little ones up and into their car seats. Thanks!
    Betsy

searchdog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow, I have never tried to put anything in the storage compartments, because I just put everything in the back end. I will take a gallon of milk out later once DD goes down for a nap and try it.