JennsBabySky Guest

Default LOVE the audible click on Britax Marathon

I never understood why the Marathon only clicked when the second side of the buckle was correctly engages. Then my DD started buckling herself in. She is very careful to put both sides in correctly and she won't let me shift into drive until she is buckled. However, I love that I can also hear the audible click when both sides are correctly engaged. At first, I was constantly turning around to pull on the harness, but now I realize that the audible click lets me (and her) know that it is buckled.

On a side note, I think we give kids too little credit about carseats. So many of my friends think that their kids will be embarassed or upset by extended use of a carseat. Once I explained to my daughter why she is still in a carseat, she has never complained about it. In fact, she is quite happy to stay in it. We also had a little discussion about the importance of keeping the harness tight with the same result. She went through a phase where she kept trying to get me to loosen the harness before we would drive. Since I usually had it on the tight side, I could safely loosen it a tiny bit, but then she wanted it really loose. Now she makes me tighten it if it is loose at all.

Default RE: LOVE the audible click on Britax Marathon

We have a different audible on our MA: the adjuster squeaks like crazy! DD buckles herself, and when she tightens the harness, it makes a wretched metal on metal squeak....she gets all upset if I back out of the driveway (we are the last house on a cul-de-sac, so I'm pretty blase about everyone being buckled before the car moves) but she yells if she's not in, 'Mama, don't drive till you hear the squeak!' (the squeak is after the buckling, so she wants that harness tight before we go! lol)

Yep, we pull right up to the drive thru at school every day, Husky and Ashley Floral Marathon in plain view, and there hasn't been a complaint yet. Only twice has my ds said "when I'm 8, I won't need a booster anymore" and dd's said, "when I'm 6, THEN I can sit in a booster seat" (but then she cried when I told her she was almost too big for her pretty flower seat :( )
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx