Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default ? about Cosco Scenera & Nania Airway

Is the Cosco seat good for tall toddlers? and what is it's ff weight limit.

Also what do you think about the Nania Airway. I like that is has a higher harnessed weight limit.

I am looking for a travel carseat. Andrew is very tall and weighs 36lbs.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Default RE: ? about Cosco Scenera & Nania Airway

Hmm...unless you are planning on baby #2 soon,the Scenera wouldn't last very long...but it IS light and cheap for travel. The Nania is discontinued...it had some fairly severe quality and ease of use issues (like, it falls apart into two pieces and is very difficult to change the harness slots).
    For "travel" "tall" and "36 pounds" I might actually look at a Ride Safer Travel Vest http://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-lo....htm?E+scstore

It can't be used on the plane, but it can pack in a suitcase or carryon bag really easily. It's got terrific crash test ratings, and kids love wearing it (parents think they won't but really, kids like it a lot..I know one kid who asked to sleep in his, lol).

It's going to be a few months till we see any other higher harnessed weight options, unless anyone has them on display at this month's JPMA conference...fingers crossed!

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi! We have a Nania Airway and the Nania Basic in our second car. SHould I discontinue use of both of these seats? We just got the Airway from our Seat Tech (she had access to a deal-$65 for the Airway, $30 for the Basic...maybe that's why they were so cheap).

Also, have the seats been recalled or is that coming? Just curious...
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mariah P.

No, they are fine, no recalls or anything. Do you like them? I just couldn't in good concsience recommend someone buying the Airway for full price to use as a travel seat, is all. I used to have an Airway, and liked it fine when it was installed (rock solid with LATCH, or lap/shoulderbelt, that's for sure!)

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We do not have any problems with it and my son likes it a LOT better than the Graco ComfortSport he was in in my vehicle (hardly ever rides in my car as DH is a SAHD and has the minivan!).

It is very solid installed with Latch. No complaints so far.

Thanks,
    Mariah P.