leslieandbilly Guest

Default Had an accident - Thank Heaven for my Regents!!!

Hi guys-
    We were on our way home to NC from a week at Disney World on Sunday, when we got into an accident. We were on a 2-lane road, going about 55mph, when a car coming from the opposite direction, turned left right in front of us. DH tried to stop, but we crashed right into her. My 3 and 5 year olds were both in the back seat in their Regents and their only injuries are minor strap "burns" on the sides of their necks and a bitten tongue. They were scared and somewhat hysterical about the police/fire/ambulance chaos for a while, but are totally fine.

Like some of you here, I get a lot of grief from friends and family for being a carseat nut and people roll their eyes when they see my big girls get into their Regents instead of boosters. But, today, I'm thankful they were in those giant 5-point harness seats!! I'm off to buy 2 replacement ones today.

Just wanted to share in case someone was debating about whether or not the Regent was "worth it."

Leslie

kellyotn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Had an accident - Thank Heaven for my Regents!!!

I'm so glad to hear you are all OK! How very scary.

jeanum is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Had an accident - Thank Heaven for my Regents!!!

Glad you and your family are okay, that sounds absolutely terrifying. If you don't mind, I will not hesitate to point out this thread to any of my friends who think I have lost my mind for recently moving my oldest DD into a Regent in my car and DH's instead of using a belt positioning booster. Very impressive validation for using the Regent for safety geeks like me, thanks for sharing your story.
    Regards,

Jean
    CPST