Splash Guest

Default The classic that wasn't

Okay people you could have warned me!!
    Here I was, thinking we had a 'classic' BV, and we don't!
    The one we have we bought from BRU when they first came out (and have ended up returning it twice, so even though we bought the thing in March or so we have one with an October DOM. woo hoo!)
    I've looked at the patterns on the web and thought we had classic. They look exactly the same! Online at least.
    People kept saying how soft the classic was, and I was thinking "Well... not really but okay, if you think so" because mine isn't really soft at all.
    So, Jean insisted I get the SAME seat when I got another one. I wanted Brownstone because, even though it's ugly (IMO) it was so soft. but, I got classic, per her request.
    It's not the same AT ALL!
    Okay, they are both black with bronze checks... so same idea, which is why I *thought* they were the same. But this one is all soft and nice. The checks are bigger and the straps are black (not tan). I like it! A lot!
    Now I want my OTHER one to be classic!
    But, Jean does NOT like it... so this one is going in my car. I was gonna reinstall the one in my car anyway for a little less recline, but now I will just be putting my new *real* classic in there.
    And it'll match my car better :9 which is completely unimportant (to me) but a fine bonus!

So... BRU does not sell Classic. It looks extremely similar, but a different material altogether. Classic is better. :)

Oh, and the stickies for the belt match up!! In ALL THREE BRU BVs I have had, the velcro did not match up on the belt holders. Small thing yes, but for $300 why can't my seat be perfect? But, on this one they match up. Woo hoo! I love my classic BV!
    E

Default RE: The classic that wasn't

LOL! Yeah BRU gets all these special seats that it's hard to find the name of...I don't know WHY they can't label it a BRU Exclusive on the website or something for us cover aficionados!
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

uccomama Guest

Default RE: The classic that wasn't

The BRU fabric is called Regal (or is it Royal?), you are right it isn't the Classic. I am glad you like the Classic better though!

Deborah