Default "Accident' proofing carseat for potty training

I think we're going to give potty training a try in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering what I should do to protect DS' Britax Marathon carseat?

Thanks!

Default RE: "Accident' proofing carseat for potty training

okay... if you get some puppy potty training papers, they are inexpensive and thin... you can use those under the child's bottom.

Kat

Default perfect--thanks!

Great idea, thank you!

skipspin Guest

Default Another suggestion..

...I just finished potty training my DD and found that (at least with a girl) I had to be careful or her accidents would get in the hole for the croch strap and then run into the rest of the seat. Yuck! So, I put a thin reuseable waterpoof pad under the seat fabric, then another one (the disposeable one would work here too) on top. Someimes I just had to take the pad off the top when she wet, but since it got messed up when she got in the seat, sometimes it was nice to have the backup. I also bought an extra cover, but since the day I bought it she hasn't had an accident in her seat. I guess that just figures, but I'm not complaining!

Another un-car seat related idea. I kept a potty chair in the back of my car in the begining and made her try before getting in her seat after shopping or errands. It saved me a lot of time running to bathrooms in the back of stores and was a lifesaver at yucky gas stations and places like the PO where there is no public bathroom!
    HTH
    Joy

Default RE: Another suggestion..--thanks!

Thank you for the back-up idea and for the potty in the car suggestion. Both great ideas!