Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The car seat inventor won on The American Inventor

Evenflo is going to help him develop the product. Can't wait to see what becomes of it.

Default RE: The car seat inventor won on The American Inventor

I watched the last 15 minutes or so. They kept showing the other guy's game but didn't show the car seat! (at least while I was watching) I guess they figured everyone had seen it but darn! I wanted to see it.

Wooooooowwwwww... I can't believe I didn't watch that! (oh, dh HAD to see a show about the freemasons...that was interesting, too....I guess...)

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

I was so happy for him! I think his concept is really cool but think it will be hard to develop it and address all the issues that will come up since it is such a different design. I hope they are able to follow through with it.

Tara
    Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
    Tyler William 6-9-05
    OMG!!! It's a GIRL!! Due September 5, 2006!

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/kLMem8.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/UEZ3m8.png

MaisyBabies Guest

I am actually really shocked that he won. It's an awesome product and IF they can actually make it work, it will be amazing. But there are so many logistical aspects of it, that just seem down right impossible.

That's why I am amazed that it won, because it's not something that you will find out on the market tomorrow, where I felt like a lot of those other products, they could market them immediately.

His idea of a pod to enclose your child in, with in your car, just seems impossible. Think about how big this pod will have to be just to fit a car seat - then put that all in your car safely!

I can't get my car seats installed correctly, I can't imagine how they will get this huge pod installed safely into a car either!

I am completely for this invention IF it really can work.

Just MHO . . .

jeanum is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was pleasantly surprised to see him win. I figured the CPS issue wouldn't be such a big deal to the average viewer unlike carseat geeks like me, but he did have a compelling story. Okay now, fess up, how many of us called to vote for him on several different phone lines? ;)

Regards,

Jean
    CPST

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I hoped he would win because I think his product was the most creative, original and potentially life-improving. DH came up with the car size solution - attach it to the roof, LOL. Heck if it is a self contained pod, you should be able to anchor it just about anywhere!

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

DeeEast Guest

I never watched this show but I'd love to see a picture of his invention. I went to the show's web site and they don't have any. Does anybody know where I can see a pic of it?

Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I voted for him on two different lines! :D lol I really am interested in seeing what they can do with it. In his commercial they showed it inside of a car so I know they had to at least get it installed in ONE. Of course it looked like a large SUV didn't it? It's really sad how he came up with it but what a sweet tribute to his daughter in naming after her.
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

jeanum is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was too mad after seeing the seat FF in the SUV with the loose harness around the baby in his commercial to actually vote for him, but I'm still glad to see him win.
    Regards,

Jean
    CPST

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast