Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: The car seat inventor won on The American Inventor

I know a lot of people who called on every phone they had to vote for this guy.

Even if all it can do is help how carseats in general are made, the testing alone showed it can help, so saving lives kind of rates above all the other products.

I do wish that it weren't evenflo that he was working with... I'd rather see Britax or even Graco tackling this one... the company that made the titan and makes those evenflo infant seats should not be in charge of this project.

However, they do occasionally make a great seat or two... or a great product, so I guess I shouldn't be so negative.

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was sort of dissapointed to see Evenflo is the company that is going to help him with this project. I hope that if they can get it to work it turns into a really good seat.

As far as it being f/fing instead of rear-facing, as I understand it because of the design, how it rotates in a crash, it negates the need for rear-facing. This could actually be a really good thing since so many parents out there still turn their dc around too soon because "they like it better that way" or whatever the excuse du jour is.

I'm still unsure how it would really work in an accident. Would it move with normal car movement? Would it cause children to suffer from motion sickness?

I did think the baby's harness was too loose in the commercial, too. And it needs a 5-pt harness with a chest clip. Having the baby in a 3-pt harness seems like a step backwards, design & safety-wise.

Jmho,

Cheryl
    ds-4/03, 30lbs, r/fing in a Britax Blvd.

bargainonboard Guest

The capsule in his prototypes was huge -- It will be very interesting to see how they might make this work for cars. However, I can see there being a relatively easy (but expensive) solution for minivans where second row seats are usually removable. You could just replace a seat with a capsule designed for your particular van model, or at least a specific base for your van onto which the capsule could snap in.

now there is a good idea... maybe you should be on the design team... hehe.. seriously, you should email that to evenflo and the inventor... because that would be the fastest way to get moms with vans/suvs with removeable seats to go for it.

in fact, moms with twins/triplets would probably like that cause it would be easier to install the seats and they could just pop out a bench/captians chairs

or think of moms with high order multiples... like quints.. just take a dodge caravan, pop out the seats, pop in the capsules... and done.

no worrying about how to install or how to fit them in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2