KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Height limit for Decathlon?

My dd is 2 1/2, 40", but she has a really long torso. I noticed today that her head is almost of the top of her Decathlon. What are the limits for this seat? I bought it less than 6 mos ago! I assumed it would be fine till she was at least 4 since most people say their kids can ride in the Marathon till 5 or 6. What seat do you get after the DC/MA? I want her in a harness seat as long as possible.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Height limit for Decathlon?

Rear-facing until the top of the head is even with the top of the seat. Forward-facing until the top of the ears are even with the top of the seat. She is just at an age where she should start to sprout legs. DS1 has been wearing size 2T for over a year now. I just got out his pants and we no longer have to roll them up.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Where are her shoulders in relation to the top slots? As long as her shoulders are not above the top slots she is fine in the DC. As for a seat for when she outgrows the DC, I'd go with a Regent. It's alot taller than the other height weight limit seats. And, it's a great seat that would last a long time. My 9 1/2 year old (average size) DD still fits in it (just barely though). HTH.
    Melinda - mom to 3 beautiful girls and an awesome boy

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for both of your replies! I'm hoping she does start to grow more in her legs and not torso, I would like to get at least a couple of years out of this seat! She is still way below the top slots, we haven't even moved to those yet, but now that I think about it I need to check and see if I should move them up yet.
    Thanks again!
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

Since you have not even moved up to the top slot yet, you should still have alot of time left. Kids can stay at one harness height for a long time.
    Melinda - mom to 3 beautiful girls and an awesome boy