Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: the Alpha Omega Elite is NOT recommended ?

Yup, it's fine to lock the belt, unless the carseat manual says it's not, and I'm pretty sure none of them do (restrict belt locking, that is).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wouldn't care how pissed my father would be... I would go and return the seat and buy something that will keep her safe and harnessed longer! The Alpha Omega SUCKS! A friend of mine had one and it was awful. I tell everyone I know that are buying car seats to buy Britax if they can afford it and to not let the BRU salespeople to talk them into the Alpha Omega.... there are just so many other seats out there that are much better than an AO!

It's your childs safety. Car seats are the ONE thing that you should not compromise on. Tell your Dad YOU will feel better knowing your daughter is in the safest seat you can afford and the AO is NOT the one! At this point she will be in Booster mode on the AO so he might as well have just bought a Parkway or Turbo Booster ... they are much better Booster seats!!!!

Good luck!

~Tondi

Amaris Guest

I had an issue with my inlaws and car seats also. I finally told them it was basically my way or no way. Safety has to come first, feelings of other people take a back seat to safety always. At first my MIL was pretty mad, but eventually she did research herself and found out that I wasn't just trying to be picky. Now I know that my children are safe when riding with them, and they know that just because that's how they did it doesn't mean it's the safest way!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2