Maeve Guest

Default Britax Sweden Carseats

Wow, I just looked at the rear-facing carseats that Britax offers to Swedish customers (www.britax.se). Up to 40 or 55lbs! My super-tall babe topped 33lbs at 2yo! I want to keep him rear-facing as long as possible.

Why are these not offered here? How could these seats not be as safe as the US market Britax? Is there any reason to believe they aren't? Is there any site out there on the safety results of the Swedish/Euro ones?

I'm so furious about this!

Thanks,
    Maeve

Default RE: Britax Sweden Carseats

They (US seatmakers) blame market demand (or lack thereof) for not offering higher weight seats :( They (other countries) also use other tethers and support feet that NHTSA supposedly has outlawed (Keep It Simple, Stupid is their mantra..you must be able to install a seat with a lapbelt and have it be safe... in other countries they actually assume you have a lap shoulderbelt and a brain to install your seats...).

The good news is, more seats will be going to 35 pounds (Cosco always has, but now Evenflo is, and Britax and Recaro are rumored to...and the Sunshine Kids Radian is undergoing higher weight testing--I gather they have to stick the 48 pound 6 yo dummy in it instead of the old 33 pound 3 yo...and make sure it does well with just that lapbelt...)

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx