caseytee Guest

Default Blue book value on used double stroller?

I have been searching on eBay for a good used double stroller. We have a 2 yo and expect #2 in late October. Perego Tender, and Combi Twin Spin tend to pop up fairly often. I realize that the Combi was discontinued a few years ago. I am quite tempted by its (the Combi) light weight though. They retail for such a high price, does anyone have an opinion of what fair market value would be for these items when they are 4-5 years old? Thanks.

TJ Guest

Default RE: Blue book value on used double stroller?

I have the Combi Twin Spin and LOVE IT- actually got one of the last floor models last year and paid about $300. When buying a used double, keep in mind that these TAKE A BEATING!!! Two kids cause more than twice the abuse on a stroller. That being said, consider the condition. However, with the increase in eBay users, and the cost of shipping, you don't always get a good deal (unfortunately). Try looking in your area (newspaper ads, yard sales) or maybe consider a less expensive new stroller. I got a Graco DuoRider at K-Mart to keep at my mom's house for only $80 and it's great for occasional use. Which brings up another good point- think about how much use it will really get (if 2 year old will want to ride for much longer, etc.) Hope this helps!

lisal Guest

Check with your local "mother of twins" group. They often have group sales/ trades. I have seen double strollers there before.

nanner Guest

My neighbor was looking for a double stroller and I found her a Peg Perego double stroller at a consignment shop for $200 in excellent shape. Try your local consignment shops and put your name on a list at several of the stores in your area. They are a great way to get all kinds of products!!!