Thread: Beach Tent

da5id Guest

Default Beach Tent

Suprisingly enough, I can't find anything about which beach tent to buy. Our pediatrician said that a tent is a must, but which one!? Any thoughts?

Default RE: Beach Tent

Hi there. Good question---that's topic we have not researched. BUT, I would guess you should head to an "outdoor" store that has hiking/camping stuff and buy a good tent that is has a special coating on the underside to reflect sunlight and heat off the baby. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BABY BARGAINS

jill Guest

We used a tent from 'One Step Ahead'. It was great! Its about 4 ft. tall and about 3 ft. by 4 ft. interior - big enough to lay down with the baby inside (and feed her). It does not have a floor, but has two sides that are solid, one side that zips open, and one open side (all with sun-proof UV protection sides). It stakes into the ground and is lightweight, easy to assemble and dis-assemble and use. We used it for 2 weeks at the beach and our 4-mon. old daughter got no exposure to sun. I definitely recommend!

julesdol Guest

I saw some tents for the beach at Babies R Us and also at Target. They seemed very large and had floors on them. I didnt look too closely at the SPF and stuff but that may be a start where you can look. They were around $30 or so. I am heading to the Keys with my then 7 month old so I would also be interested in any ideas anyone has.
    Thanks

angusmom Guest

I don't know how fancy you are looking for, but here is your basic infant tent with SPF protection.

I found the one I have at:
    http://www.babysupermall.com/main/pr.../pri03002.html

Enjoy!

mkmom Guest

We bought the Family Cabana from One Step Ahead and it is GREAT, packs easily, and sets up in less than 10 seconds. Worth the money, would highly recommend it !!