Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    nywifey Guest

Default Coach Diaper Bag

Anyone have the coach diaper bag? It looks great with lots of compartments. Any thoughts?

kimberley Guest

Default RE: Coach Diaper Bag

Where'd you see the Coach diaper bag? The city? Online?

nywifey Guest

Several places. A friend of mine received one as a gift but is too new of a mommy to give full comments on it since she barely has used it yet. I've seen it online as well as in the Coach Stores. It's called the Hampton's Diaper Bag. It resembles a regular Coach tote bag but has lots of pockets and pouches inside for bottles and accessories as well as a changing pad. The construction is sturdy and your backed by the Coach warranty. I love Coach products and thought this would be perfect for me. I hate backpacks and don't want the typical diaper bag. Many of my mommy friends have the Kate Spade Messenger Bag but it's too bulky for me. I personally don't care for the Lands End bags, they lack in style. I'd much rather have something that I would enjoy using, than be forced to carry due to the baby stuff.

Mel21 Guest

My baby is due anyday and I have been looking at the Coach Hamptons bag too.

To me, it seems like the nicest one so far (most stylish, good brand name, and very user-friendly).

It does seem fairly lightweight, to have lots of pockets and sections, and a changing pad.

Comparatively, the Kate Spade has no sections or pockets.

I wish the Coach came in more colors or color combinations though - there's black, white/black, and pink/black, but something in navy would be great since so many strollers are navy, and less stainable colors too than the white and very light pink.

nywifey Guest

I was at the Coach store yesterday (found a great pair of sunglasses!) and the saleswoman said new colors will be arriving in July as well as winter colors in October. I have the same concerns regarding the fabric, and I read on their website that it's protected with stainguard and if you use soap and water a stain should come out. I'm thinking of getting it in black myself.

TaraNY Guest

I assume the Hamptons diaper bag is canvas, right? Does the bag close at the top? If so, is it a zipper or snap closure?

I am a *huge* Coach fan - DH already asked me if Coach made a diaper bag since he assumed I'd want one, but I didn't think they made one. So I was very excited to see this thread!

nywifey Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-01 AT 09:11AM (Mountain)[/font][p]I love Coach too! The bag is made from double thread cotton. I would consider it a cross between linen and canvas. Not a rough canvas like an LLBean boat type, much softer. They also make a leather version. It's loaded with pockets and has a zip closure on top. I was thinking of purchasing a large cosmetic case (maybe not a Coach one, but something nice) to use for my wallet, lipstick, keys etc.. to put inside the bag. There are a lot of pockets, but I think I'd prefer my stuff in one place without "digging" for things. I asked the saleswoman and it's already considered a staple in their line. Don't you just hate when you like a bag and then go there and they say "Oh, that was in the Spring Collection"! I was told they are flying off the shelves!!

I'm so happy to see that there are other classy ladies out there!

PS: DH asked the same thing to me!

kicksmom Guest

I have the Kate Spade diaper bag and mine does have interior pockets--5 to be exact (none on the outside--that would ruin the Kate Spade look :>). I love it! It also has the changing pad and a dirty duds bag.

nywifey Guest

Which Kate Spade do you have? I'm debating between the Coach Diaper Bag and the Kate Spade Messenger Bag. I like that the messenger bag has one long strap, but it seems too bulky. I wish she made a medium version.

kicksmom Guest

The Kate Spade bag I have is actually her "baby bag" that is designed for hauling baby's essentials. It has a really nice dirty duds bag, and a super soft and thick changing pad, and then 5 pockets on the inside. It is not the Messenger Bag, but the Baby Bag. I purchased mine at Jacobson's in Indianapolis. I'm sure other dept. stores would have it. :> Good luck! (Hard decision choosing between Coach and Kate Spade! :>)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast