Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Having more than one stroller...

OHMIGOD! My mother had been going on and on about the Wondachair she had for me when I was little. "It was a bassinett, a stroller, and a high chair, all in one! And only cost $150, a lot of money back then, but nothing like the $700 you want to spend on a Bugaboo!"

She will be delighted to know that these rarified creations are still out there. You must include a picture! I'm dying to see one.

Thanks, as always, for the laughs.

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Pram Museum

For those who want to check the Pram Museum out, here is the website http://www.prammuseum.com/index.html

Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

Default RE: Pram Museum

Thanks, Tam!

Has YOUR pram come out of the closet? LOL
    Strollerqueen

Your mom is right. It is so retro, and so totally cool. It's starts out as a pram, but then has the wonderful twist of Yankee ingenuity. But it's more than the things you mentioned. They claim it's 15 different baby items! Let's see, the pram, bassinette on a stand, bassinette on a rocker, stroller, car seat, high chair, feeding chair, table and chair, rocking chair, desk set...hmmm, I can't figure out the rest.

There is a similar one on Ebay right now, but I'm not sure if it has all the pieces. There are many that have been separated. I do see them being auctioned off as prams or strollers, but most people don't know what they are. I just liked the fact that this one had everything intact, and in mint condition. Hard to find.

I do wonder about the price your mom mentions, though. I think it was higher. Could SHE be fudging on how much SHE rally spent? LOL! The Wonda' CHair was the Bugagoo of it's day!
    Strollerqueen

Yeah, you and me BOTH are worrying about that! But how do I breach the subject with hubby? "Dear, I really want another stroller, so we simply MUST have another baby to put in it!" Think that'll go over big?
    Strollerqueen

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Pram Museum

Hush now, I see you made MY pram famous!!!;)
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

gour0 Guest

Default more?

Have Adventures in strollerland continued? I'm just finding them today! I can't imagine having started a year ago! The suspense!

Default RE: more?

And I can't believe how many MORE strollers there has been in a year! Lots more chapters to write, so I best get busy!
    Strollerqueen

gour0 Guest

Have you thought about a novel? I see "Confessions of a Strollerholic" :) Have you read Sophie Kinsella? Seems like strollers are to you what Armani is to her. ;) I'm picking up her third book from the library tonight.

votre_ami03 Guest

Janet, I am dying here! I hate to admit that I have spent the last (at least!) hour reading your entire stroller saga, at work none the less. I have been laughing uncontrolably & crying b/c I was laughing so hard. I am sure Dilbert in the next cubicle thinks I am nuts.

Keep 'em coming, PLEASE!

Christy
    EDD - 7/26
    Boy! Nolan

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13